A Hunter's Pipe Tobacco?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Evilgemini, Aug 19, 2011.

1. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

I like Va-Per or straight Burly in the outdoors..Usually in a Falcon or my Stanwell 32.
  2. Arkie

Arkie Active Member

That's a good lookin' gun. What brand & gauge is it?
    duckhunter1969 likes this.
  3. el guero

el guero Member

I love that double barrel!
  4. duckhunter1969

duckhunter1969 New Member

Thanks to all for the responses,

I've really enjoyed going afield with a nice double, Arkie it's a (Baikal made) remington sp model. I've got a few really nice classic doubles but they aren't steel shot friendly (non toxic required for waterfowl hunting.)
    so I bought the remington a while back, I have been very pleased with it's performance. and thanks El Guero, I love to shoot it and it is rather photogenic.

http://s821.photobucket.com/albums/zz140/curlyjo1969/
    Glen, the Lab in the background is the main reason for wailing into the coots. She gets antsy when things get slow, so I would hammer a coot or two for her. over the years some outings developed into a "coot shoot" when Mallards or teal weren't in plentiful numbers. What I have found is Jerky is jerky, even when it's the slim coot breast-but it is definately an aquired taste.

I didn't mean to hijack the thread, Since I'm new to smoking, and pipe smoking altogether, I started with the aromatic tobacco, a house blend cherry-vanilla from the tobacco barn, but I am intently reading what others like on this forum, and reading all the tips I can on pipe smoking as well.

Thanks, Duckhunter1969
  5. duckhunter1969

duckhunter1969 New Member

[​IMG]

These teal ducks are more traditional, but I was using my pipe while taking the pictures, so It's not included in the photo.
    Capt likes this.
  6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Burlatvaperaro !!!! Mayor

That photo would make a nice wallpaper !
  7. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

And I thought this was a joke....

"A hunters pipe tobacco"?

Deer scat flake?

Bear krumble?

Jk ;)

Ed
    Puff
  8. dmkerr

dmkerr Moderator Moderator

Bow-Legged Bear?

Deer Tongue?

Anyone hunt Grouse? There's SG Grousemoor!

There used to be a tobacco known as Elephant Butts for you African safari guys.

Constipated Duck?

Oh, wait... that last one? While definitely sounding like a C&D blend, it's actually a Jeff Beck song. :D
    Ted Vig, Westham1969 and Rewster66 like this.
  9. smokehouse

smokehouse Member

I love smoking Lat and Oriental blends in the fall and colder months. So I am going to be smoking my open tins of GLP Chelsea Morning, Quiet Nights, Lagonda, and Charing Cross when I hit the woods in couple weeks.
  10. whitebriar

whitebriar Member

about the only game that tobacco might alert is that which walks on two legs and can hunt back--
  11. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Member

What about Boswells Hunters blend? I am smoking it now in one of their shotshell pipes. Never been hunting so I am not sure if it scares the ducks or not.
    powell0892 likes this.
  12. Monkeyshine

Monkeyshine Active Member

Blackwoods Flake will forever be my goto hunting tobacco. I got my first deer on Saturday while enjoying a pipe on my friend's family land. I had my pipe in my mouth as I took the shot :)
    TxPipesmoker, duckhunter1969 and Capt like this.
  13. powell0892

powell0892 Member

I would have to agree with soundlzrd I smoke hunters choice from boswells while at the hunting land (not just because it is called hunters choice) for some reason it just seems like an outdoorsy type of blend tasting and smelling of a nutty sweetness...pretty delicious!
  14. CMAsailor

CMAsailor blends ammo, reloads tobacco

Can I come play? I love calling em in during the day. Aaand they seem to love somersaults :)

Thank you for the awesome thread, I suppressed the thought of smoking a pipe till after the hunt was over. going to have to try this
  15. Ol Brokedik

Ol Brokedik Active Member

Not kidding about this, really. I wish a blender would come up with a pipe tobacco that smells like a freshly fired shotgun shell. Any hunter will know what I mean. There's just something about that smell that's so intoxicating to me.

Ol Brokedik.
    duckhunter1969 and Capt like this.
  16. Capt

Capt Active Member

Nothing better than having a good bird dog go on point on a cool, crisp fall morning, shooting a grouse and opening the barrels to smell that wonderful burnt powder aroma. I will often take a spent shotshell out of my game vest and inhale heavily to recapture that moment. Sometimes I accidently snoot a feather up my nose, which ruins it all......lol
    duckhunter1969 and Mington like this.