1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Argh!!!!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by TTUSmoker, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTUSmoker

TTUSmoker Member

Just broke my stanwell royal Danish pipe!! Dropped it on cement while walking the dog nd the stem snapped off!

It's gonna be one of those days.

2. MakDragon

MakDragon Illegitimi non carborundum

That sucks!! Sorry man!

3. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Oh that sucks big time. At least it is repairable. Get a new stem quick. Those Royal Danish Stanwells don't like to be ignored for very long. Hope your day improves. There's a saying something along the line of "eat a live toad the first thing in the morning and nothing worse will happen to you the rest of the day". I think you just had your "live toad".

50rayj, Spillproof and MikeInMaine like this.
  4. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

Been there. So sorry to hear it happened to you. As Artistik said it is repairable and getting a new stem will keep you and that Stanwell happy. Hope the rest of the day is better.

5. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

Sorry to hear it man, at least it was just the stem as others have echoed since it is repairable. Hopefully your day just gets better from here!

6. Klauswermann

Klauswermann Member

My condolences!

7. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Maybe you can even make an upgrade, for example the new one could be acrylic whereas the old one was vulcanite? If you prefer acrylic, that is. Anyways, think positive!

8. Goat

Goat Active Member

Stanwell Royal Danish??? Dang, forgot I have one of those. Gunna have to dust her off tonight.
    Sorry to hear about your though. Get her fixed and fire her back up.

9. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

Sorry for the breakage brother.... It's frustrating, no question.
    Pop it in the mail addressed to Dave Walker, all will be right as rain in no time.

10. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Yeah, try sending it to Dave. I recently had a good experience with Floyd Norwood, but another member had a not-so-nice experience with him. Go with Dave!

11. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I recently had two stems replaced. One by "the maker," and the other by Dave Walker. Guess who did a better job? (pssst, it was Dave)

12. Coastal Bend

Coastal Bend Get off my lawn...

+1 or is it +2? on Dave at Walker Briar Works. I just got back three pipes of mine he worked on and they look great. Found three more I wasn't sure had made the trip I'm about to pack up to send. He not only does great work, he is very pleasant to deal with and responsive if you have a question.

Spillproof likes this.
  13. N3M0

N3M0 Active Member

+1 on this. Get a nice swirled acrylic stem that brings out the color/grain of the briar!

14. MacNutz

MacNutz Active Member

that is sad to hear but good that it isn't a write off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.