1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

arrived today...

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by MrJarvis, Jul 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

I got a lattice brandy. It's very light and that's great, but a lot if the little lattice holes seem to be cut with chips in the side. I didn't expect that from him... Is that normal in a lattice meer? Am I expecting too much in a 135.00 pipe?

2. CMAsailor

CMAsailor Active Member

135 big ones is a lot to pay for something with flaws... let alone a lot of them. if you're not happy I would return it. who made it?

3. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

altinok..
    My wife says i'm being too picky. Ill ask the guys at my pipe club tomorrow...

4. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Pics?:popc:

TheMadMan likes this.
  5. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

Are you happy with it? That's what matters. Since whenever you smoke this pipe you will see these flaws...
    Maybe Email the vendor.. Or take pics so others can see what your talking about?

6. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

^ This. One of the other forums I belong to has a saying - Pics or it didn't happen! :D Just kidding of course.

If it is flawed, I'd be a little peeved too! I agree with CMAsailor though...if you're not happy, return it!

Mington and TheMadMan like this.
  7. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

I do not accept flawed items as new. Period! I would send it back immediately.

8. MrJarvis

MrJarvis Member

pipe club guys all said "THIS IS A PROBLEM." a member showed his similar pipe, and it was flawless. (I did end up taking pictures which I posted in a different thread here)

that said, I emailed Sinan Altinok with pictures and my frustrations, explaining that I realized it was possible that it was shipped by an employee in error.

I just received the following response from him:

"Hi Brent,

No worries. I will make a new one of this pipe for you. Please feel free to smoke that pipe and enjoy.

My apologies.

Best Regards,
    Sinan Altinok"

It looks like I was worried for nothing. I will update you when I receive my new pipe. :)

Bob Harada, Johnny Dingo and MikeyJ like this.
  9. TheMadMan

TheMadMan Active Member

Sweet...That's awesome!! +1 for Sinan Altinok doing you a solid on this issue.

10. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

After seeing the pictures and talking with Mr. Jarvis I think he did the right thing to contact Altinok about it. If you are not happy with the product, then by all means you should demand that it be rectified.

TheMadMan likes this.
  11. MikeyJ

MikeyJ Member

That is customer service at its finest. I hope they both smoke well for you!!

neoclassical and Capt like this.
  12. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

It's great that he's taking care of you that way. Good on 'im!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.