1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Art or Smokeable?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Grim_Puffer, Dec 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Yeah, I'm gonna say art. I can't see myself striking a pose with that one clenched. Still, it's a wonderful expression of the carvers art.

2. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

All my pipes have to be smokers, so wouldn't buy this one, it looks like too much trouble. Think the maker has crossed the line from pipe maker to briar art.

3. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

how do they do that? i've had a friend who does refurbing on estates ask me if i know anyone who would know.

4. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

Ya know I wonder what's been the most expensive pipe ever made from briar and if it was a standard shape or art

5. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i sure hope it was that 10g ser jacopo

6. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Now THAT is beautiful! You're damned right, I'd smoke it. That's what it was made for, after all. It really bugs me to see a pipe sitting on a shelf or in a fancy cabinet....unsmoked and unfulfilled. If I found out one of you bought a pipe of mine and *didn't* smoke it, I'd be pissed. They're PIPES people!

I wouldn't worry too much about the grain...the briar I've played with is pretty tough. Not saying it *won't* snap, just that it's stronger than it looks. The grain on briar is pretty tight...and hard.

Now as for price, that's something that will always be beyond my means...maybe Sas will gift it to me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.