Bad expirience with Carter Hall

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Bacek, Jun 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Bacek: I was hung with a pipe and a half-bowl of tobacco when Mrs. Moo coaxed me to spend yesterday afternoon chasing around consignment stores and flea markets. I snarfed up a pouch of Carter Hall at a discount tobacco store (jeepers - $4.25) and found it smoked, as always, smooth, nutty and sweet. If you want this pouch for comparison pm me your address. It's yours, unwashed.

2. Bacek

Bacek Member

Thank you all, I do appreciate your advices and support. The two pouches in question had printed numbers ASHL1 and ASHL2. There are no other marks, stamps or numbers on outer boxes nor foil pouches.
    I will try to write an Email and see what happens.
    Oops.. They don't have an email, they offer regular mail address and phone only.

3. Bacek

Bacek Member

Wow! Calling them was quite an experience. I spoke with Tammy (? spell) from John Middleton Inc., who was very polite, professional and apologetic. She thanked me for providing all the details of purchase and dissatisfaction and offered refund for two packs. I must admit that was my best CS experience in a long time.

4. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

"All's well - that ends well!".....I like CH - one of my favourites from over there, and the fairly small amount that I have been able to procure, has been consistant, I did have a bad experience with Captain Black though.......put some in my pipe and smoked it!
    OT

albot9 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.