1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Baking tobacco

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by gic, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gic

gic Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Hi All,

Interesting site: http://www.pfeife-tabak.de/Artikel/Tabakkunde/Backen/Tabacken.htm (scroll down a bit to the english section)

Has anyone tried this method? What do you guys think about it?

2. rusty

rusty Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Now this is interesting to me, as I used to put my hand rolling tobacco under the grill spread out on a plate so it dried out evenly. My reason for this was so while rolling with a tin rolling machine, and using filters, if it was as fresh and moist as it came out of a freshly opened packet, it rolled too tight and I couldnt get a satisfying draw on the roll up. But after drying out in this way, until I got that hay type smell from it as it became close to cooking, it made very satisfying roll ups for me. Im wondering if this technique would help soften the sting that I mentioned with some new flavours I tried the other day?
  3. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Scary Cow Moderator Moderator

Jun 10, 2009
    I think "stoving" is the more the word than baking.

Stoving will take a bright, tangy virginia tobacco and absolutely turn it from one thing to another. There is a concise reference to the process on this otherwise helpful page: http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze43wza/smoke/tobacco.html - look for "STOVED VIRGINIA."
  4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    I'm sure it works and I wouldn't knock it . I have a thing where if I open a tin/pouch and it's not ready to smoke then I don't bother with that blend anymore . I just believe the manufacturer should have it ready for you when you open it . If not than he didnt do his job . I mean why is there " young " [ also known as not ready ] tobacco in a blend to begin with . So basicly it's taking a crap blend and making it smokable ... thats cool .
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.