Balkan Sobranie - To Buy or Not To Buy?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Mount Mandolin, Feb 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Lol, no, they're closed on Sundays, my regular shop that is. I'm going to the other B&M here in town because for one thing, I haven't been there in many years, and for another, they stock Opus X's, which my regular shop does not stock. It should be interesting because it's a mall tobacconist, but it's one with a helluva pipe selection and stuff, so it could be a great shop, but I anticipate it being very pricey. I could be wrong, though. Also, I've heard the people are extremely rude in there, so I'm not expecting much in that way. That's actually why I've never gone there. Oh yeah, and they're open on Sundays, which is good when I want a cigar in a pinch but can't go to my good shop.

I'll update everyone when I get some tomorrow. Hopefully the shop doesn't have them priced too high.

2. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

I bought two tins on our winter trip to Phoenix. I really don't know what I am waiting for. I am restoring a Comoy Grand Slam Patent and when I get it finished I think I will break it in with some Balkan Sobranie

Mount Mandolin likes this.
  3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

Don't hesitate! It's FANTASTIC!

I know that my opinion is not biased by the name, because this is just downright fantastic tobacco. I LOVE the cut on it, it's that fine, shag cut that Germain does for 1820; that stuff is so easy to fill the pipe with, and it burns so easily and nicely, down to a fine white ash, literally. The taste is just downright perfect. Different from my other favorite Balkan, Larry's Blend by H&H, but just as awesome. Obviously not a replacement because I can get a quarter pound of Larry's for like $12.50, less than the cost of one tin of Balkan Sobranie, but it's just soooo damn good! I won't go into a big description of the taste and all that in here, because I'm going to write a little write-up on it I think, once I've gotten farther through the tin. Methinks I'm going to need more than just one more tin of this stuff, really. It is going to be awfully hard to put it up in the closet for long periods of time without smoking it. It's that good. If the original 759 was better than this, I can only imagine, really. This could easily be in the "top 5" list, for sure. Fantastic stuff.

Sorry guys... I don't see a trade happening with this stuff... ever. :puffy:

Xecutech and dwaugh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.