1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Bartlett Upside-down Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by SLVshadow, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fallsguy

fallsguy Member

I've had one for years. Got one when they first came out. Always liked it, smoked just like a regular pipe, but you don't have to worry about it gurgling! Not using it currently because it needs a new stem. But having seen your video, I'm going to have to dig it out and get another stem for it.

2. SteveH

SteveH Active Member

Fascinating idea, and one that, unlike many pipe innovations, might actually be some use. Also a good-looking pipe, if a bit unconventional. I suppose you could also smoke it the normal way up, if you turned the stem through 180 degrees. (Apologies if he says that on the video - I've only got the built-in speaker of my laptop, and the sound quality's rubbish, so I can't make out much the commentary: being a deaf old git doesn't help. either.)
    [Edit] Actually, no you couldn't - the shank'd be at the wrong angle. You could if it was straight.

3. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

has anyone seen the "Wizard" pipe?
    It's another upside down design.

4. 1858remington

5. 1858remington

One of these just recently sold on ebay for $165.... $100 over my $65 bid:mad:

6. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

That's an interesting upside down pipe.. I'd probably keep nocking the screw top trying to tamp it..

Tony Malerich likes this.
  7. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Wow.. that's another one I've never seen before.. - and it only went for a buck back in the day :)

8. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

During the monsoon season in Vietman it poured rain for days, weeks and months. If you happened to be a pipe smoker it was a very trying time. Necessity is the Mother of Invention, so I learned to smoke my pipe upside down to keep the rain out. Sometimes it was a struggle to keep your tobacco and matches dry but I got along as best I could.

Dondi likes this.
  9. Dondi

Dondi Active Member

Wow, what an ROI - a $1 pipe that sells today for $165!

10. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Sales Account

11. 1858remington

Thats cool!!!! I'm gonna keep an eye out for one of these

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.