1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Basket Pipes.

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by chambers11283, Feb 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I have always been skeptical on basket pipes, but recently my local pipe and cigar shop got in a big order of them, so i was in there earlier today for some cleaners and walked out with a new pipe. The pipe is very well made, it is Italian briar, and has a acrylic stem. Its smokes so great, the draw is so effortless, and the bowl dosent get very hot at all. Now im not usually a fan of a straight pipe but this one has just enough bend in it for me to be happy, and i love a rustic pipe with a huge saddle bit on it. So here are some pics of the new pipe.
    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z378/chambers11283/newpipes2001.jpg
    And another
    http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z378/chambers11283/newpipes2002.jpg

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Good for you man ! Nice to bag a great pipe without busting the bank ! Plus , if something happens to it , you wont be to bummed out .

3. Old Ted

Old Ted Active Member

Well done!, I've had a few cheap pipes that smoke as good as anything else - once a decent cake has built up (IMO -that's the important bit with them)
    Cheers, OT

4. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

That's nice!

It looks ... almost but not quite, like a quarter bent. Quarter bents are my favs. Good luck with it, Bub.

5. len smetona

len smetona Member

That is a good size, and the stem is my favorite, a wide, slightly bent, saddle.

6. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Most basket pipes are seconds of some very good makers so if you don't mind a fill or minor imperfection, they can be very good smokers. I have several that are in my rotation with my high end pipes.

7. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Thanks for all the kind words, and just a little FYI this pipe smokes great, i mean GREAT. I am having a bowl in it as I type this and its wonderful. I am very happy with it, very good price i got it for and it is put together so very well.

8. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

Congratulations on a good smoking pipe. Basket pipes are basket pipes for a reason, but once in a while you get a jem. Luck of the draw.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.