1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

bb#2 prep

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Tony Bybee, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tony Bybee

Tony Bybee Member

May 18, 2013
    i am pretty new to flakes . ive Been enjoying PS navy flake with no problems. just got a tin of g&h best brown 2. seems very wet and pungent. lots of spicy tobacco scents. H ow do fellows prepare your wet flakes? just leave em to dry or jar it up and let it sit for a month or two? Dont know that i have the patience for that:)
  2. Summit

Summit Live Simply.

Aug 27, 2012
    I rub one flake out and then let it sit out for a while.
  3. ronbruce61

ronbruce61 Member

Nov 24, 2012

Ditto.......cept I usually rub out 2 or 3.Leftovers just go back in the jar for later.

4. krusty

krusty Active Member

Jul 10, 2010
    Here's a great thread covering most aspects of smoking flake. Flake Takes
    If your new to flake tobacco it's worth your time to read through this thread.

As for the Gawith, Hoggarth & Co. Best Brown #2, well, I have stated a few times that I think it's the absolutelybestbarnoneintheworld Virginia/Burley blend out there. Humbly.

Give the thread a read for pointers on preparing and loading the flake.
    I enjoy this particular flake well on the moist side of things. I like to load a bowl about half full with folded flake and and the remainder with well rubbed out flake.
  5. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Jun 13, 2010
    Most G&H flakes I set out in a
    bowl for half an hour. Then I
    rub them out and let that sit
    for another half hour. That's it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.