1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

BBB billiard

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by r0n54, Mar 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r0n54

r0n54 Member

I had wanted a nice basic billiard pipe for my collection, just a good smoker that had a classic look and was not expensive. This BBB, made in London pipe is new unsmoked. I got it off Ebay for $30.00. Was it worth it ? Anyone familiar with the brand,good deal or no ? My link

2. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Oooh thats nice ! 30 bucks for a new pipe that looks like that ... dont see how you could have done much better . Normally I'd say bag a Kaywoodie Relief grain for 25 bucks but damn it thats a real nice looking pipe . I honestly dont know about the new BBB but hell theyre made of briar and it's a billiard so more than likely a cleaner will pass through .. etc . . I think you scored and if you dont like it let me know cause I do . I just showed it to my wife and she said " wow , thats a pretty pipe "

3. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Looks great! As long as it feels nice and gives you a pleasant smoke, seems like the deal of the freaking century (so far) :goodjob:

4. WisconsinPiper

WisconsinPiper Member

Looks like a nice pipe to me!

Let us know how it smokes.

5. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

$30 is a great price and from what I've heard, BBB is a very reputable brand. Not only that, but the pipe you scored sure is a looker! May you enjoy for many years, r0n!

6. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Estate pipes on ebay have gone crazy lately. I've seen real beaters go for what you snagged that one for and it looks really nice. It looks like you got a deal.

7. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

BBB pipes are great smokers. I own 5-7 (i can never find all of them) and would like more. the post cadogan ones don't smoke quite as well, but that looks like a pre-cadogan 667 variant to me, which have been the best smokers i've had. 30 bucks was a damn good deal for a brand of pipe i've always known to smoke as well as dunhills, great score.

8. desertmoon

desertmoon Member

Gorgeous looking pipe.

Hope it smokes as good as it looks and darn it, it looks GREAT!!!

9. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

You did well - very well actually.

BBB is one of the oldest brands around ( dating from the 1800s) and was I believe the first ever to have registered themselves a trade mark. Originally BBB = Blumfield's Best Briars now it's Britain's Best Briars. I think the brand is now owned by Comoy's.

The pipe you've got yourself is an excellent example of a Classic London look briar - many happy years with it,

Best to all

Gerry

10. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Sweet 3B there, Ron!
    Many happy years with
    it!

dp

11. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

Nice looking pipe, I like the classic simplicity of a good billiard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.