1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

BBB Thornycroft

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ocipio, Jun 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ocipio

ocipio Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Went to an antique shop and a pipe caught my eye. Nice big bowl, straight stem. Antique dealer sold it to me for $7.50.

Got home, reamed it out, cleaned it as best as I could for now. There is still a ghost hiding in there.. not sure how to get that out. I guess i need to ream it more, or get some sandpaper and get it back to the wood?

Had a B B B and the word Thornycroft on it. Searching online tells me it was probably made in the 1950's.

This has to be one of the best smokers I have ever used. Stays cool, nice thick smoke. If I can just get rid of the remaining ghost, it will be the best $7.50 I've ever spent! I need to find some more of these.
    shadow likes this.
  2. shadow

shadow Active Member

Mar 14, 2011
    Great find!
    I've got two BBBs, both of them fantastic smokers! BBB stands for Blumfeld's Best Briar but it's often referred to as Britain's Best Briar.
    Don't worry about the ghost. It'll go away sooner or later.
    In the meantime: Enjoy your pipe!:bing:
  3. Longbottom

Longbottom Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Can only agree that BBBs are great! I have one I´ve had for say 15 years, definitely one of my best smokers.
  4. Scottly

Scottly Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Try a couple pipe cleaners soaked in a high proof alcohol in the stem and shank. Insert and leave for a few minutes. Repeat till they come out clean. Caution- do not get alcohol on the outside of the bowl, it will strip the finish.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.