Beard Oil

Discussion in 'Shaving' started by ArmedOctopus, Nov 20, 2013.

1. JimmyO

JimmyO Member

That's the trouble with this site, I have had a beard for years and have never heard of beard oil, I read this post and now my life is incomplete until my beard has been oiled.
  2. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Stay Calm - Press On Moderator

Aveda Damage Remedy™ Restructuring Conditioner. Post shampoo, using about a green-pea sized squirt, a container will last you and your beard about 10 years. It isn't greasy, works great and has a deep, pleasing sandalwood/botanical aroma that lasts about 10 minutes.

If you don't like that, use a drop of olive oil on your beard (or a liberal full body rubdown before wrestling). It has worked for the Turks for 5,000 years.
  3. ruffinogoldswife

ruffinogoldswife The Mayor's Wife

Aveda makes the best products. I have been using their Invati line for thinning hair for almost a year now. I've been losing my hair ever since I got Lupus. This stuff has actually made my hair grow longer and come in thicker then it has been in years. I also use their make-up and face products. I love Aveda. Ruff likes their Shampure for men. Everything they make smells fantastic. I use the Daily Damage Remedy Conditioner everyday.:D
    inkybat likes this.
  4. Mister Moo

Zakly. It's hard for a man to explain without sounding like a nincompoop but the scent of that conditioner is better'n MacBaren Vanilla Cream.
    Gothicmace and inkybat like this.
  5. inkybat

inkybat The only flying mammal that smokes a Peterson.

Jack Passion, world beard growing champion (for real!) doesn't specifically recommend an oil but does endorse Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap for keep your beard soft: http://www.amazon.com/Grandpas-Comp...&qid=1386730732&sr=8-6&keywords=pine tar soap It's supposed to help keep your beard soft with natural oils etc. (I keep meaning to get it myself but haven't gotten around to it yet.)

I'm growing mine out for the winter too. Gonna do the full beard 50's hair do look this season.
    JimmyO and just5042 like this.
  6. Explorer352

Explorer352 Member

I'm enjoying the DE now, but soon I'll be wanting to grow out the whiskers. Subscribing...:popc:
  7. moosecop

moosecop Member

beard oil, i have never heard that term, sounds like something a metrosexual cosmetic company makes for a buck and sells for 20...
  8. moosecop

moosecop Member

Have you ever smelled pine tar..thats strange...
    inkybat likes this.
  9. TheLonePipeman

TheLonePipeman Member

I have found that in a pinch a little bit of chapstick helps my beard or stache to stay looking much better kept. During the winter months there is usually a tube in my pocket anyway. My wife Got me some Fireman's Mustache Wax last Christmas, but that is more for special occasions.
    inkybat and just5042 like this.
  10. inkybat

I have not! I'm thinking maybe I don't want to try this shampoo as much as I thought....
  11. Mister Moo

It does sound strange.

I used to use Packer's Pine Tar Soap (until I couldn't find it in stores). It was black and, stranger still, made white lather. It smelled gently and pleasantly of pine, absolutely prevented dandruff, shampooed hair brilliantly, felt great on your skin and (I swear) kept bugs away from you. Wonderful stuff. Out of fashion, I guess. Have't seen any around for 40 years. I'm sure any pine tar soap would do the same.

I'll bet tbear used to use it. He's old school.
    inkybat likes this.
  12. Iain

Iain India Alpha India November

In the UK Mr Natty makes a beard oil that is quite well regarded from what I've heard, his moustache wax is the best I've tried so far.
    inkybat likes this.
  13. inkybat

Ok, now I'm intrigued! I'll order some after all. You make it sound like the greatest secret in manly grooming...
  14. piper965

piper965 Member

15. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

Been using my beard oil and badger brush for weeks and wouldnt have a beard without it. Fantastic stuff.
    Monkey likes this.
  16. weePipe

weePipe Active Member

I use http://beardproducts.com/products/beard-oil-lavender
    It makes my beard insanely soft, it's cheap and the ingredients are top notch. My wife really likes the smell of it and sometimes tells me to put it in my beard after I smoke bic it covers the "old man pipe" smell as she calls it.
  17. Marker

Marker Active Member

http://stirlingsoap.com/pashave.html

Ordered that in Lavender Sage last night. Hopefully the wife likes it. I am going to grow my beard until the middle of June. Then probably shave it for the summer.
  18. tatsntash7

tatsntash7 Pukka!!

Unscented almond oils cool dude.
    Theres a company in the states that does a beard soap, Fire island soap...its awesome. Mr Bears beard oil and moustache was are awesome too
  19. Deadfrog

Deadfrog Pipeweed Connoisseur

I use a wee bit of unscented organic virgin coconut oil in my beard. Keeps the beard nice and soft and adds a healthy shine to it.
  20. Baccy Bert

Baccy Bert Active Member

Dr K products made in Ireland, I use those (soap, oil, tonic) and also a brand called Chin and Tonic (I still chuckle)