1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Beautiful Morta Pipe maker

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by sorringowl, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sorringowl

sorringowl Purveyor of PAAD

Hey Gents (and Ladies),
    Just thought I'd share with you a Croatian pipe maker who specializes in Morta pipes.

Although I don't personally own a Morta pipe, I've always been curios about them and intend to get one some day.

The Morta pipes I usually see I can either take or leave, but this guy's work is just beautiful! and pretty reasonable priced.

Check out the Morta eye candy here:

Davorin Morta Pipes

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

I've lusted over at that site before. Mucho eye candy.

3. erickghint

erickghint Member

Those are some great looking pipes. I really like the way morta looks. It's like a really light sandblast with extra texture.

4. raistlinsk

raistlinsk Member

Wow those are some of the most beautiful pipes I have ever seen. I think I know where I'm going next PAD. My pipe club in town is having the folks at Peterson come in this week. Dealer prices and they're offering an additional 20% off too. Oh and free Peterson ashtray with any pipe purchase. Time to snatch up a Peterson Meer or one of those Irish Sea beauties!

5. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

I wonder if this guy has a physical shop. A friend of mine is from Zagreb so I could have him take a look for me next time he's back. I have a feeling domestic prices might be better, there's a more favorable exchange rate for dollars to kuna.

6. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

I have to respect someone who can make morta look that good. From what I hear it's a lot more difficult to work with than briar, and briar isn't exactly easy. So kudos to him!

7. sorringowl

sorringowl Purveyor of PAAD

Good to know I'm in the company of gentlemen with such good taste! This guy is an artist and it's nice to know that he's (literally) carving himself a niche as someone who is known for Morta pipes.

8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Well , I think the guy can make a pipe for sure but the wood looks to " oaky ' for me . He has a couple briar pipes at the bottom of his gallery with black morta ring which was real stunning [ the briar ]. What can I say ... Ruffino " the stick in the mud " Gold

9. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

...Morta is oak......what are you really saying?

10. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Wow, Ruff, imagine Morta looking 'oaky'...that doesn't make sense.

("Stick in the mud", like Morta...funny!)

11. tNd

tNd Member

working with morta is not that problematic... make it a bit more massive as black morta might be a bit degraded from the original strength oak-wood has... and watch for splinters ... in the early stage of sanding it might release a splinter or two... later, it is stable... :)
    regards
    daniel

12. stormwulf133

stormwulf133 Member

I just figured I would PIPE up on this. I have one of his pipes. It is an awesome smoker, and the tamper that I got with it also morta is heavy as hell. Really a good guy to deal with too. I couldn't be happier. I am not just blowin smoke either. Awesome pipe.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.