1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Bulk Oriental Tobacco's

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Pecci, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

What say you. Which one's are special & why.

Albert likes this.
  2. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Cornell & Diehl Oriental Silk is the only one that I'm familiar with so it's all I can recommend. As to why, I can only say that it tastes great, burns well, and smokes cool. It's good stuff.

dmkerr likes this.
  3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

You talkin Orientals w/ no Latakia at all ?

4. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Second this. I like it because the orientals are up close and personal. I like some of the McClellands Grand Oriental series but the virginias dominate. In Oriental Silk, the orientals take the lead. One of my very favorite tobaccos.

Buckshot likes this.
  5. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Yes, sir.

ruffinogold likes this.
  6. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

A McClelland bulk, #2025 English Cavendish ... while mainly a McC Va blend, it has Xanthi as its flavoring.

7. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

Even though you said you wanted suggestions for Orientals without Latakia, 4Noggins Britts Balkan is spectacular. I can't smell the Lat in the bag and it doesn't stand out in the blend, it just adds a little body to the smoke. The smell is unlike any other tobacco I've tried. It's just the perfect mix of tobaccos they truly meld together. You taste the entire blend, not one aspect of the blend at a time. I can't recommend it enough. After my first bowl of my sample I bought 8ozs. You should definitely give it a try.

(100th Post!!! Wooo!)

8. Malcontent

Malcontent Active Member

McClelland 2045 & 2050. RRR is available in bulk, but I haven't tried it yet.

9. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

Wow .. I cant think of anything :eek: ... speechless and blank minded ... it's rather nice :)

Pecci likes this.
  10. Malcontent

Malcontent Active Member

Oops. 2045 has some latakia in it, but so low a level that I forget that it is in there. 2050 has no latakia. 2050 is special for me because it is smooth, sweet and changes character with different pipes and times. Plus my wife likes it. She doesn't like latakia and Perique tobaccos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.