1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Best pipe type for flakes?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by brunchman, Aug 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brunchman

brunchman Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Hey guys,

So iv just ordered loads of flake samples which im very excited about, but which pipe should i acquire to smoke them? Iv also ordered a bent MM cob, is this a good idea? Iv heard small bowls are good for flake :)
  2. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Jan 17, 2012
    Generally smaller bowls are recommended, yes. I'm not sure I'm sensitive enough to really get the difference, but some day it may click. Many brands will have small options - I could see some MM being good. I have Pete Canadian and a L'Anatra lovat that are both fantastic. Perfect size to roll up a small to medium sized flake.
  3. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Nov 26, 2011
    A small to medium sized straight billiard would be my recommendation.
    TheMadMan likes this.
  4. Monkey

Monkey Active Member

Mar 16, 2012
    I like a dublin shape and leave a bit of an air pocket at the bottom when folding and stuffing.

Recently I have been rubbing out my flakes a little and just sticking them in there. Works on all my pipes.

Practice and don't get frustrated with the flake and the pipe will do its job.
  5. nesta

nesta Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Whatever kind of pipe you like will be just fine.

Smaller pipes are great if you prefer smoking your flakes whole, but if you rub them even lightly they should work in any good pipe just as well as ribbon does, and without any headache.

I will smoke flake tobacco in any and all of my pipes, regardless of size or shape. But then again, I almost always fully rub out flakes, or at least rub them out partially
  6. furious

furious Junque collector

Oct 7, 2011
    Chimneys are great since you can easily fold and stuff and get a hell of a long smoke. Just finished some FVF in a Sasieni patent Edgware. Great smoke.
  7. 1858remington

1858remington Active Member

Feb 3, 2012
    sorry... thought this was a discussion about pipes for blondes:xd:
  8. Stonewall

Stonewall Active Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I actually prefer flake tobaccos rubbed and in pots. I do the fold & stuff in billiards and chimneys too. I think it's something you need to experiment with in your sepcific pipes to find out what works best for you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.