Best Tobacco to try

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by DanH, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanH

DanH Member

Hey Guys,

My brother is in Fort Bragg training, and since we don't have very good selection here in Canada of all your good tobacco's I was looking for some recommendations, he's picking me up some OTC Carter Hall and SWR but was wondering if there is any other locally sold tobacco's that would be easy for him to get his hands on?

Thanks,
    Dan

2. DanH

DanH Member

Holy guys, 50 views and no responses I only have a few days before he heads back to the cold white north so any input would be appreciated.

3. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

Carter Hall is one of the best OTC's IMO.

psquared likes this.
  4. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Does he have access to a local tobacco shop with selection or just OTC stuff?

5. FlatbushPaul

FlatbushPaul Cellar is located in an undisclosed bunker

You have 2 pretty good OTC's to smoke there. I would say it is near impossible to make recommendations with such a vague backround. I have no idea what you like and dislike. It seems to me that you need to experiment some more to find out what you like. If you have a smoke shop nearby I would say to try some MacBaren's Blends and go from there. I wish I new more regarding your tastes. Besides, taste is such a subjective thing. What I like you might hate and so on.

Good Luck,
    Paul

6. MakDragon

MakDragon Wizard of PSF

SWR aro.

Thuber88 likes this.
  7. Artistik

Artistik Active Member

Two more easily found OTCs would be Prince Albert and Half and Half.

8. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

+1 on SWRA

9. DanH

DanH Member

I don't really have any preferences as I am new to pipe smoking, I have tried only aromatics and peterson's sherlock holmes and liked both. As for my location I live in Ontario, Canada it's my brother who is away in the USA on training in Fort Bragg and was hoping to get some ideas of what to get him to buy me as I know most tobacco's easily found in the US are not available widespread in Canada.
    He is already getting me Carter Hall and SWR/SWRA any other OTC's and easily found tobacco recommendations would be appreciated.

10. DanH

DanH Member

I am not sure is there a tobacco shop in or near Fort Bragg?

11. Albert

Albert Active Member

Looks like Anstead's Tobacco Company in Fayetteville NC has quite a selection. Anybody been there? Looks like a pretty rad place to smoke too!
    http://www.ansteadstobacco.com/

12. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

If all else fails...tell him to hit a pharmacy or two. My local CVS and Rite-Aid actually have a decent tobacco selection. Another one that's popular (but people tend to look down on here) is Captain Black regular/white and Captain Black Royal/blue. Both are popular and have been around for a while. You can pretty much get those anywhere.

13. BigG

BigG Member

There are 3 JR Cigars locations in North Carolina within a couple hours drive from Fort Bragg. They will have a reasonable selection of a number of different pipe tobaccos.

14. gentimmy

gentimmy Active Member

Half and half, Prince Albert, and Sugarbarrel

jhguthlac likes this.
  15. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Prince Albert and Cherry Blend to go along with the Carter Hall.

16. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

+1 smokingpipes.com is also only 98 miles away. If he could make the trip to one of these merchants, he could bring you back just about anything you wanted. He might enjoy the road trip too.

17. Buckshot

Buckshot Member

Better yet, go to the smokingpipes.com website, place your order, select UPS as the shipping option, and put your brother's address in the "Ship To" section. Do that this weekend and he will receive the package Tuesday or Wednesday depending on when it ships.

Mark Dawson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.