1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Best Tobacco's available in Australia?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Tas Gunsmith, Aug 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Good Day Gentlemen,
    I'm new to this forum which I must say is very good and has so far been very interesting.
    I have been an on and off pipes smoker for 25 years intermingled with cigarettes which I have given away a few years ago.
    The pipe has now risen it's head again, it seems to be something that you can't give up as it seems to be more than just a smoke.
    Now to the point of my post and I know this must be an overdone question but here it is....
    I'm looking for a tobacco that is mild to medium, no bite, no Latakia or little as I'm not a great fan of the smoky flavor. Something with plenty of fruit, plumb and maybe coconut type aro's and above all lots of taste and hell of a room note.
    Here is a list of some of the easiest makes to source here in Aus:
    Amphora
    Borkum Riff
    Davidoff
    Peter Stokkebye
    Mc Clellands
    Peterson's
    Samuel Gawith
    Pipeman
    WO Larsen
    Mac Barren
    Erinmore
    Mellow Mallard
    Maybe some of you could make a recommendation. I like some of the aromatics but they seem to come with bite. Maybe I should try a little blending of my own?
    Cheers.

2. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

I would try a tin of Larsen 1864 Signature Vintage if you can find that. It's got every flavor under the sun, from strawberry to caramel, and doesn't bite at all.

3. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Cheers, someone mentioned 4noggins as a good esupplier, they have it so I will order some... Any other suggestions while I'm at it, might swell make use of the freight charge.
    BTW how long does it take to get access to your profile etc (error 10245)

4. Mike Pomery

Mike Pomery Active Member

4noggins is the go-to for me. Rich is great, and used to shipping down under.

5. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

I have always loved Amphora Brown Original and you can buy it there and I am jealous as they don't import to the US. But your prices are very high.

6. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

Thanks guys,
    I emailed Rich and ordered the following
    Planta
    SG Celtic talisman
    WOL signature
    WOL perfect 1864
    Sugar barrel

Should be something in there.....
    Yes the prices amazed me as ours are too high

Thread Status: