1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Billy Bud

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by user2453, Mar 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. user2453

user2453 Member

I've never smoked one bowl of this yet I have a pound on the way. I meant to order a pound of Louisiana flake and 4 ounces Billy Bud but the order was backwards. As someone who likes a stout English, do you think I'll like billy bud?

2. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

You will now...:xd:

AussieTX and JimInks like this.
  3. user2453

user2453 Member

Yea, I'm sure I will.lol

4. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

mtschust, all kidding aside, I have never tried Billy Bud, I've seen a lot of positive comments on it but have you checked out tobaccoreviews.com and see what others have to say about it? Might give you some idea of what to expect from this blend.

5. user2453

user2453 Member

I have, but that sometimes is not accurate for me. Some of their four star blends I rated a 3, just thought I'd ask

6. Spillproof

Spillproof Mostly Harmless Moderator

I have a bunch of Billy-Budd through trading.
    It's a good blend, particularly in a cob, but I don't go to it much.

It's weird, I love cigars, and I love pipe-tobacco, but I have yet to smoke a cigar-blend that blows up my skirt.

EDIT:
    I just packed a Washington with it and am gonna give it another go.

cobbsmoker likes this.
  7. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

While I have not smoked BB myself, I will say that the room note is absolutely horrid. I recommend smoking it outdoors.

Spillproof likes this.
  8. user2453

user2453 Member

9. D-Pap

D-Pap Member

If you like a blend with a mule kick to the chest and the essence of burning tires, the blend is amazing.
    It was too much for me. Halfway through the bowl I started sweating and stood up out of my chair and got dizzy, thought I was going to yack, held my composure but couldn't finish the bowl. Definately eat something before you have some. This blend is loved by many, I just don't fall into that category.... I'm a lightweight though.

10. user2453

user2453 Member

Haha. Burning tires!?? I remember my mom making that comment when I got a half pound of English Luxury in the mail a while back. I actually liked that blend quite a bit though, the contents of BB sound appealing, I hope it makes the cut..

D-Pap likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.