1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Bjarne Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by gunslinger84, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

I just ordered my first pipe that has a name to it. I just ordered a Bjarne Churchwarden Volcano from pipes and cigars. Its pretty small in length for me to consider it a churchwarden but I like it.
    [​IMG]

I have read up on the Bjarne brand and decided to go ahead and get it. I had Jason from pipes and cigars get me a few more pictures to help me finalize my decision.

I have a couple of pipes now, but they are both no name pipes that i have purchased from the not so local B&M.

Gunslinger,

conroygc and user3221 like this.
  2. 5H4N3

5H4N3 Active Member

Congrats.
    Let us know how it smokes.

3. Hudson

Hudson Member

It's got a nice line to it; enjoy! I'm not sure I'd recommend slinging guns while clenching it, though. Wonder what Miss Kitty would think of it . . .

4. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Well you always see a cigarette or cigar hanging from the guy's mouth even with guns ablazing, I will this one so I can keep an eye on the guy across from me at the poker table in the saloon across from the ok corral.

5. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Well I will hopefully have the pipe in the 16th, just received a email from pipes and cigars that all bjarne pipes are now on sale 15% off Lol could have saved $7 in the pipe, yep could have used they towards another tobacco tin.

Gunslinger,

6. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

It's gonna smoke great. It's a Bjarne! ;)

Good choice, sir, good choice.

7. AussieTX

AussieTX Active Member

That's a great looking pipe, let us know what you think of it once you get it.

8. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

Is the J silent or pronounced as a j or y? There are also some Bjarne pipes on the pipes&cigars site that are in the $500-700 range. Has anyone tried one of those? How does it smoke?

9. Hudson

Hudson Member

I've always heard it as byarn like Bjorn Borg.

gunslinger84 likes this.
  10. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

Thanks.

11. ted

ted Member

As President and COO for Grabow, this is my best smokers......
    50 pipes in my rotation.... #1, and #3 are Bjarne... Most of the others are Grabow... ted

gunslinger84 likes this.
  12. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Those Bjarne churchwardens look pretty sharp. You'll have to post a pic of you with it when you get it. I'm wondering if that might be the right length for me.

13. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

It's pretty small for a churchwarden, only 7.5" long, as soon as I get it in up will post some pictures, I will make sure to do a box opening pictures since I order a dozen or so tobacco blends.

Gunslinger,

14. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

I looked at its dimensions when you mentioned it seemed a bit short for a CW, and am wondering how it would look for me. I have a couple 6-inch pipes now (and another on the way) that I am just loving. I'm still wondering how I missed those Bjarnes in all the times I've browsed through P&C's pipe selection. If you end up not liking it, give me a holler.

15. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Here is a picture Jason from pipes and cigars sent me, this picture what made me decide to go ahead and get the pipe. It is on the small side but I will get a actual churchwarden later, I wanted to see if I liked the longer style in some moderation. Now they do still have two of these left the last time I looked. And with the sale going on for this brand it be a great time to get one.

[​IMG]

Gunslinger,

Raffxr7 likes this.
  16. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Well as promised here are some pictures of the Bjarne volcano I got today.

[​IMG]
    Here it is with the rest of my order.
    [​IMG]
    With a couple of tins that I wanna try in it.
    [​IMG]
    Better view of the profile.

The only flaw I could fund is the stem tenon wasn't made perfectly straight inline of the rest of the stem. I will smoke out of it in a day or so and let y'all how it smokes.

Gunslinger,

17. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Dude, P&C sold out of the Bjarne CWs between yesterday morning and this evening. I blame YOU!

18. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Lol I thought you got one of those, one went out of stock soon after I posted about the sale. Someone needs to hide my credit card, I just bought a Bjarne Houston bent billiard. Got it because of the sale and I didn't own a bent pipe yet. Needed it for measurements to build my cabinet later ;)

Gunslinger,

conroygc likes this.
  19. SmokeyJoe

SmokeyJoe Active Member

Now THAT'S customer service! I'll have to visit P&S more often.

conroygc likes this.
  20. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

Jason with pipes and cigars was awesome at taking care of me with a purchase I had ordered and needed to return. even after in mutilated a cheap pipe by removing the finish and replacing it with mineral oil cause it blistered the finish so badly, then the pipe cracked over the stem tenon, I Superglue it back together. I was just going to use the pipe as a lesson not to buy cheap pipes I emailed Jason explaining what happened and what I done. He simply said to send it back, with sending it back I had been given a credit for the value if the broken pipe. I used the credit towards this one that I now have.Jason and the of the company had been really helpful to me.

Gunslinger,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.