Black Cavendish

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by notsavd, Feb 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. notsavd

notsavd Member

Tried Lane Ltd. Black Cavendish, kind of on a whim, and like it a lot...that said, I doubt I'm familiar enough with other brands to know what I'm talking about.

So any recommendations for good black cavendish?

2. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

Milan Tobacco has some good house blends. i.e. Black Forest and Appalachian Gold. I'll be ordering more of each of those at some point in the near future.

OTC...on the budget side...Smokers Pride (by Lane Limited) Black Cavendish and Vanilla Cavendish are popular (about $1/ounce). Captain Black White/Regular is a popular OTC, but is going to get mixed reviews here (I just bought a tin of that). Captain Black Royal is also good (just got a tin of that as well).

MacBaren 7Seas Black is good.

Peter Stokkebye PS-21 is good both straight and to blend with other tobacco. I'm a big black cavendish fan. I don't think I've found one that I really dislike. My recommendation would be to order some one ounce samplers until you find something that you like enough to order a bunch of.

Dave Dueck likes this.
  3. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

Was given a sample of whiskey cavidesh and thought it was not bad. I look at the price and thought it was a hell of a deal

4. notsavd

notsavd Member

Been wanting to try some Mac for a while now...seems a good excuse :D

5. notsavd

notsavd Member

sounds yummy.... :puffy:

6. derrickyoung

derrickyoung Member

A 14.00 for 12oz it is something you can throw around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.