Black Cavendish

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Pecci, May 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Looking for the sweetest and most flavorful of all. I'd like to use it as a base and add some lat. and perhaps some VA too.

Any recommendations?

2. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

The Mayor will be along when he sees this post, he's pretty savvy on aromatic Cavendish blends...:th1:

3. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

Mac baren honey chocolate is a sweet cav. Would be badass with some lat mixed in

Pecci likes this.
  4. BigG

BigG Member

Lane BCA

5. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Thought there would be a little more attention on this subject.

Has anyone tried Smoker's Pride, Blk. Cav? I had heard some good things, but also that it's a wet one.

Last night I ordered some Obsidian from Pipe's & Cigars, since it's really what I wanted from the beginning.

6. YAPPG

YAPPG Active Member

+1 on the LANE BCA, but I think its also the goopiest, too. I've heared that smokers pride black cav is good and maybe not so sticky. I have tried Peter Stockabye's and liked it but still wet. I had just used it to add to other blends.

Pecci and Thuber88 like this.
  7. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I am amazed that Mr Mayor has not stopped by yet, he is a proponent of SP BC.
    I am yet to try it, but it might turn into one of my dailys, based upon price and flavor, if we can believe all that we read

Pecci likes this.
  8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

What your asking is a pretty tuff order to deliver because when you say sweetest and most flavorful ... wow ! What flavor is what I would ask . The cool thing about the Black Cavendish blends is that the flavoring is pretty vast . Sometimes the descriptions are pretty good but often times vague . I would say to try some SP BC because it's a good BC that lights and burns well , though I do leave my bag open a couple days or so before I zip it closed . But sweeter yet , and really freakin good is a blend that I was turned onto by a PSF member .. Altadis ZBC or Z45 ! My favorite is Altadis Z50 Black Cordial or IRC Buttered Rum [ is amazing ] . The Sutliff Black Cavendishes are good .. the Navigator , which was supposed to be an Argosy match was the weakest , imo [ that or I'm not remembering Argosy well ] . Sutliff Black Swann is nice and their Tobak Noir is good too !
    Also the Peter Stokkebye Black cavendishes are super fantastic and their descriptions at Smokingpipes is pretty good with some detail as far as flavor .. read this one .....
    http://www.smokingpipes.com/tobacco/by-maker/stokkebye/bulk/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=46780
    Makes ya wanna eat the damn thing ! But they are pretty spot on .
    Let me know and if you want I'll send you some SP BC ... I always have a bag :) I might also have some Z93 Dark Decadence , which is a rougher cut for the experienced black Cavendish smoker .. it's lovely .
    Damn , now I'm gonna go out and have some Altadis Chocolate Truffle [ not all bc but an excellent aro ! ]

Pecci, YAPPG and Thuber88 like this.
  9. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

Thanks Ruff! A lot of good info here.

I didn't specify a flavor, because I just expect most BCs to taste of either Vanilla, honey or neutral. I guess I'm really after the sweetest neutral or unflavored blend. I did some research earlier and found you really complemented SP BC.

As I mentioned in my 1st post, I'm hoping to produce a BC blend with a 10% or so dash of Lat. Probably, of the Cyprian variety, although I hear McConnell's has a great Syrian blend. I he got the lat I use now from The Tobacco Trader, in SoCal.

Last week I bought some McCl. Mocha Dark, as well as 4nogs Dble Fantasy. Both coffee blends. Both were ok with the pinch of Lat. but I think I can do better.

Thank you for your generous offer Ruff, but I won't bother you for a sample. I can just pick-up the SP BC over the counter.

Thuber88 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.