Black Gold

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jack Karneval, Jul 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack Karneval

Jack Karneval Member

Hello all, been busy, so I haven't been around much.

Last Friday I went to the local Tobacconist having to pick up pipe cleaners, and while I was there I decided I couldn't leave without picking up tobacco of some sort. I decided to pick up the blackest looking tobacco I could find, which turned out to be called "Black Cordial", but the tobacconist, being the great guy that he is, noticed that it was too dry, and recommended something called "Black Gold". He also said it would have a nice kick to it, which I found intriguing.

So I took it home, and gave it a smoke. First and foremost, I don't know what he was talking about, I find this stuff to be the smoothest tobacco I've smoked yet! I was in love instantly, it's so smooth, and the flavor is so subtle. It's just great stuff! I don't know enough about tobacco to really describe what he used to make it, but maybe one day I will. Cheap too, only $6.35 for 2 ounces!

Anyway, let me just say, if anyone lives in the northern New Jersey area take a ride to Denville and look for "United Card & Smokeshop". I think it's actually one of the biggest pipe tobacco and sellers in the state.

2. adryazad

adryazad Member

Hey there Jack,

was this black gold a inhouse blend? and could you describe the the characteristics of the smoke a bit more? I am looking out for a tobacco that is flavourful yet smooth, but most importantly something thats got a great room note so that i don't get complaints from non smokers.

Thanks

3. BigFlatBrook

BigFlatBrook Member

I know that shop. Black gold is the name he uses for Lane's BCA. The majority of thoses jarred tobaccos, if not all of them, are Lane Limited blends.

4. BigFlatBrook

BigFlatBrook Member

Jack,

I had a conservation with the owner about his house blends earlier this year. I know that

Black Gold = BCA
    Golden Dreams = 1Q
    Golden Valley = RLP-6

But not anything else.

A good guy who works hard to please. You probably noticed the walk-in humidor. He seems to know more about cigars, but that isn't surprising because that's where the bucks are.

Lots of people agree with you about BCA, and I have a couple of ounces on my desk right now.

5. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

The Black Gold sounds good but i have to say the first tobacco you mentioned the Black Cordial is one of my everyday smokes and one of my favorites it is a great smoke with a wonderful taste and a amazing room note.....just saying haha...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.