1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Black irish xx floral note?

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Jussto, Oct 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

I was just re-reading box pass 3.1, and because of all the discussion, decided to light up some XX in a Dwaugh clay to give it another taste. I don't think I tried more than a bowl or two after I got it, I just didn't think it was my thing.

I know my palette has been developing, and revisiting this tobacco, I really get the smokey meat flavor that everyone describes. However, in the snork, I seem to taste a slight lakelandy floral thing peeking out from behind the stronger flavors.

Has anyone else picked up on this, or is it just an aroma that this batch picked up in the warehouse?

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Heh...the unscented Lakelands often seem to get this question raised...i.e., are they lightly topped or are they just inadvertently picking up flavors. I have noticed it too, but I assume it's there on purpose.

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Clays will bring out the Lakeland Essences moreso than any other smoking vessel I have so I'm not surprised. Whether some got splashed onto the rope or was purposely added is a mystery. Was it tin or bulk?

Ed
    Puff

4. Jussto

Jussto Active Member

It is bulk. I don't usually go for the Lakelands, but if they were all as subtle as the hint in that blend I would definitely smoke more of them.

5. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

A lot of them are subtle...I'm speaking of the unscented blends. I've grown fond of Dark Birdseye, which I can only rarely detect a hint of the 'essence'. There are others too that are much the same.

6. cigarsarge

cigarsarge Active Member

I agree with Kyle...I have tasted the essance in many unsented Lakelands. Maybe a subtle trademark of sorts.

7. BradNTX

BradNTX Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sensitive to Lakelands, and don't seem to care for them much. I haven't ever detected any in the Black XX I smoked. The rope I've smoked has come out of tins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.