1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Blakeney and His Best....

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Albert, Jan 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Refined palates in this thread? Come come. I guess so - if you need a quart of mustard for half a hotdog. Even as a dedicated perique-sniffer I found Blakeney's Best Bayou to be so grossly over-periqued it was (GASP)... unpleasant! With the lovefest and fawning here it makes me think you all are smoking something else. I went through two tins of the stuff hoping for a moment of illumination that never came.

I suppose it might taste great in a lightly charred $7500 19th century Hungarian meer.

ol gto and FlatbushPaul like this.
  2. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Hmm... sounds like a problem with your technique! :p:

Kiowapipe and FlatbushPaul like this.
  3. Albert

Albert Active Member

Only a quart? I guess if its the spicy brown kind reinforced with tabasco they just came out with! :D

4. Albert

Albert Active Member

To tell the truth though, I really haven't found Bayou Slice to be all that spicy. lots of perique flavor, but not overpowering. might be that the tin I got has 6+ years age on it and is toned down a bit. But, It isn't the punch in the mouth like I got with Kajun Kake.

5. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

Hey, I've been known to eat horseradish with a spoon- doesn't mean I'm not sophistercated ;)
    I think I may have to try some of these Blakeney's blends.

albot9 likes this.
  6. Lestrade

Lestrade Active Member

Bayou Slice is no doubt more Perique infused than Ebony. But I am enjoying them both.:puffy:

7. dmkerr

dmkerr PG- free since '83! Moderator

Bingo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.