1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Blatter & Blatter - Montreal

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by skaukatt, Sep 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skaukatt

skaukatt Member

I posted this elsewhere but thought I'd share it here as well.

Had a really wonderful experience at Blatter & Blatter this past weekend. We visited my son at SUNY Plattsburgh, it was Family Weekend, he's a freshman there. Montreal is about an hours drive. First, I highly recommend a visit to that beautiful city. It is really a site to behold. Coming from NY City I could be a bit jaded when it comes to "big" cities but I have to say that I was so impressed with the European feel, spectacular architecture and friendly people of that magnificent city. We ate at one of the cafe's in Old Montreal (gorgeous area) which reminded me a little bit of downtown Manhattan.

Of course my visit included a stop at Blatter & Blatter! I met Patrick, one of the family and Ben who were extremely welcoming and friendly. I wanted to purchase a pipe, one of their handmades but it will have to wait until Christmas, I think! My son also saw a pipe that caught his eye. I did purchase some of their Danish Slices, (Tranches Danoises, as it states on the pouch), a nice Va. Flake and my son picked up one of their aromatic blends.

Being a huge hockey fan (NY Rangers) my other visit was to pay homage to the Centre Bell, the home of the Montreal Canadiens hockey club which is another site to behold, even before walking through the doors. Hockey fans will know that the courtyard area just prior to the front doors is decked out with statues of Canadian greats as well as many placards and engraved stones depicting great moments in that club's storied history. This is another site not to miss!

If you have opportunity don't miss out on this beautiful city and be sure to pay a visit to these historic sites.

Schmitz Bitz likes this.
  2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

You know, I'm embarassed to say I've never been there. They're about an hour from my house.

3. skaukatt

skaukatt Member

Definitely worth the trip. Patrick is a great guy and made me and my family feel very welcome. Ben was also very nice and extremely helpful. Ben gave us a few sites to see, some directions and was the guy who suggested we visit Old Montreal and I'm glad he did! The entire experience at the shop was top notch. I can't wait to purchase one of their pipes!

4. shadow

shadow Active Member

Montreal!!!!!!!
    It's been a while since I've been there. It was in 1991 to be precise. I've still got lots of photos -slides actually- from Montreal along with pictures from other cities I visited back then... Fond memories:)

5. Thaisamurai

Thaisamurai Member

I was able to acquire a sample of their Burley house blend. A nice light smoke, I enjoyed it very much.

6. SenatorXMG

SenatorXMG Member

I used to live there...was just there in August. Unfortunately, I've never been to the Blatter store...but I own two made in the 80's.

7. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I've always wanted to take the train up there. Now I have another reason :sh:

8. Smoker99

Smoker99 Active Member

Been there a few times, but not in about 10 yrs, very nice shop.

9. beaupipe

beaupipe Active Member

Montreal is my favorite place to go and get myself in trouble due to my own immoderate behavior. Gotta go back soon. It's been a few years.

I've only been to the wee Blatter shop once, but I had a good time. Bought a pipe. Looked around. I suppose it's as close to Iwan Ries as there is in Canada. But it's 1/20th the size.

10. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

It's a beautiful ride on the New York side.

11. Max Gunner

Max Gunner Member

Blatter and Blatter have their "own" Escudo, which I've heard some good things about. Costs so dang much to ship, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.