1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Bolivian Rosewood Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by KingOfNY, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boon

boon Member

I like it! Seeing that makes me want to try making my own pipe.

2. andrew

andrew Member

Just use it as accent wood! I have tons of stuff that is in no way suitable for direct smoke/tobacco contact. You just use it for accent wood, stem work and such.

ruffinogold likes this.
  3. KingOfNY

KingOfNY Member

Thanks guys. Still have some carving to do. Also have to order a stem. What is a good finish. I have hears butchers wax, carnauba wax. ????

4. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

First...LOTS of sanding. 200, 400, 800, 1000 grit. Get it smooth as you can. If you're thinking of staining, look for Fiebings, or any alcohol base stain. Apply, sand, and apply again until you get the look you want. Do you have a 3/8" drill? Find a way to mount it so you can lock the trigger....look for 4" or 6" buffing pads that you can chuck into your drill. Small blocks of brown Tripoli, White Diamond and Carnuba can be found at Pipe Makers Emporium or Pimo Pipeworks. The first two are buffing compounds and the third is your wax. Stems can also be found at PME...

psquared likes this.
  5. KingOfNY

KingOfNY Member

[​IMG]

Here we have the near finished product. Carved a little corkscrew in the shank. I want to get a decent acrylic half bent stem. I'll post a few more here.

6. KingOfNY

KingOfNY Member

7. KingOfNY

KingOfNY Member

8. KingOfNY

KingOfNY Member

What can i use as far as oils go to seal it? I like the natural color and may only want to oil this thing. Something preferabley able to be purchased locally and not online if possible.

9. KingOfNY

KingOfNY Member

Is this post visible. Nobody is talking

10. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Yep.. it's visible.
    Nice looking pipe so far!

11. Raffxr7

Raffxr7 Active Member

I use neatsfoot oil, tack and feed stores may have it.... if you have any of them around, that is! I should mention that there are many compounds that include it but I don't recommend them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.