Boswell Toby.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by chambers11283, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Has anybody smoked some of the Boswell Tobaccos, my brother got 3 of them in, Christmas Cookie, Sweet Tea, and No Bite Delight. So far i have tried the christmas cookie and sweet tea and im speechless, the quality of these tobies are just top notch. I have smoked many aro's and they hardly ever taste like they smell, but these are spot on. The Sweet Tea had kind of a funny smell at first open of the bag but once fired up WOW, it was an assault of greatness to my taste buds. I very highly recommend this brand of toby to any pipe smoker, amazing flavor, no bite, and it stayed lit for most of the bowl only had 1 relight. In a 5 out of 5 star system, id give the 2 I have tried a solid 4.

2. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

I haven't yet. I have heard good reviews about them so, I placed an order yesterday for Christmas Cookie.... can't wait!

Cheers!

3. old pipe guy

old pipe guy Member

I'm a Boswell addict,I have 40 of their pipes and will buy more,love their baccy,my regulars are Premium Burley,Dan's Blend,Hunter's Choice,Countryside,Northwoods.and Railroad Station 965 and if your ever in or around Chambersburg stop in their shop you won't regret it if you like aeromatic baccy they blend some of the best around,GREAT people to deal with!

4. EvanWeeks

EvanWeeks Member

Deke and I have posted reviews for SEVERAL Boswell tobaccos in the Tobacco Reviews section here. I've got some Northwoods I haven't tried as well, but looking forward to it.

5. erickghint

erickghint Member

Wait... there's a specific section for reviews now? Dude, I really don't pay attention.

I've tried a few of their blends, and I've been impressed with them. The only one that I wasn't a fan of so far, is Christmas Cookie. Didn't taste right, for some reason. Their vanilla is wonderful, though, and their Premium Burley is fantastic.

6. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

Wow 40 of there pipes, you are a lucky man, I have tried a couple different times to buy one all ending in the same result, no luck at all lol. I will go on there they day they are posted and by the time i get there they are sold out. I have heard there are people that just sit and wait and the moment they go up they buy them out, so maybe one day ill get lucky lol.

7. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

I just received some Boswell's Christmas Cookie for the first time yesterday. It had a great flavor and great room note. It burned very well and lasted a long time. I was pleased.
    I will try more Boswell's soon in the near future.
    I hear their Burley is good too.

PS..I ordered on a Friday and got it on a Monday. Nice and fast!

8. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

I don't know what kind of magic they work at Boswell's but they make some of the best aros hands down. Their taste always seems to closely follow their aroma and they've also got a decent level of vitamin N too. Boswell's aros are in a class all by themselves!

9. Tas Gunsmith

Tas Gunsmith Member

You have my interest now!!

10. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

I am fortunate enough to live within driving distance from Boswell's (about 1.5 hours). I went to college about 30 minutes from them and used to drive down there to get some cigars with my one roommate. We had no idea what we were doing at the time, but never felt looked down on. They are great people to do business with and I can't wait to get to their store again to load up on some of their baccy (and if I'm lucky enough to have enough cash, a pipe). I have tried X-mas Cookie, Premium Burley, and Dan's blend. I have enjoyed them all with Cookie being my fav.

11. bandlwalmer

bandlwalmer Member

One more thing, if you can get to their store, I believe they have many more pipes than they put online. He will usually even work with you to make sure you get what you want.

12. Grim_Puffer

Grim_Puffer Member

No lie in about oh 8 1/2 hours my alarm will go off ill be at my computer and will be hitting the refresh button with their number on speed dail... the wifes buying me one for christmas so i am incharge of aquiring it... lol.

At the moment I now own 4 but will soon be five

Their Northwoods is great but a little too aromatic of an english for me but the sweetness and smokiness is a very good combo.

Believe its Cavendish and Latakia... may be wrong

I also have tried their aromatics and must say thoguh im not an aromatic smoker theirs is good althoguh berry cobbler bites like all hell to me.

I would recomend asking them for certain blends they have that arent listed on their website..... thats where the good stuff is.

13. scworrell

scworrell Member

M,

I can tell you first hand that their burley is amazing. Just smoked my first bowl of it this morning... Jonesing for another.
    I should say I'm a noob, and by no means an expert, but of all the tobies I've tried, this one takes the top spot.
    Great flavor and room note. Nice nic level too; you know it's there, but it's not constantly kicking you in the face.
    Smoked a little wet for me, but I loaded it straight out of the bag without drying it, and it is an aro, so... but no bite!

-Rob

14. Mington

Mington Well-Known Member

ahhhh...just when I thought my TAD was satisfied and that I was all set for awhile, I feel another order coming on. Seems like yesterday when I only had 1 tobacco and now like 20 or so. I guess I have to add a burley to my collection, eh? ;)
    Thanks Rob,
    I will probably order some today. Boswell's Burley......right?
    Cheers.
    M

15. scworrell

scworrell Member

Yes, Boswell's Premium Burley, to be precise.
    http://boswellpipes.com/tobaccoblends.html
    Always happy to give a fellow piper a little push off the TAD cliff, at least Boswell's is a good place to land!

:cheers:
    -Rob

16. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

Sounds like that Premium Burley's a good one Rob. Can you tell me how it stacks up next to PA?

17. scworrell

scworrell Member

Bri... Although I've been wanting to, I've never tried PA. I intend to order some in my next TAD order, whenever that might be. I have enough toby in my drawer now to last me the rest of my deployment, thanks to a couple generous friends here and my Boswell's order. Not sure how Customs is about bringing it back to the states...

If I find out fer sure that I won't have a problem at customs... God help my bank account!... and ME, when the wife sees it, for that matter... :whistle:

-Rob

18. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

You just gave me a great excuse for calling Boswell's sooner rather than later. Thanks!

19. scworrell

scworrell Member

Any time! ...
    (Watches as yet another ITAA* member falls off the cliff and into the Boswell's abyss)

:whistle:

*ITAA = Impulsive Tobacco Acquirers Anonymous... yeah, I just made that up...

20. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Needs to end in 'AD'...............

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.