Boswell's survey

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Phatmandu, Nov 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phatmandu

Phatmandu Member

When I was smoking a pipe like a train, Boswell's 2 burley blends were a regular in the roatation. I'm interested in trying other Boswell blends....yes, in the aro family. As a base of reference, the overly cherry cased stuff kills me. :poop: What are your suggestions? I'm open....fire away.

2. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

My three favorites (out of the first six I've tried) are: No-Bite Delight, Piper's Pleasure, and Chocolate Cream.

3. Phatmandu

Phatmandu Member

Thanx, Premium burley and no-bite are the two I am familiar with.

4. Capt

Capt Active Member

Bears Blend was the one I liked the most from Boswells.

5. phinz

phinz Active Member

I like Christmas Cookie, Magnum and Best.

6. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

Chocolate Cream and Christmas Cookie

7. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

I'm wondering how many posts it will take before all the aromatics are named.
    :beck:

8. Phatmandu

Phatmandu Member

I hear ya...seems so far ya can't go wrong. I read the description of each from their web page, however, I've read a lot of descriptions that seemed to just not match with what I was tasting. Anyhow, thanx all, at 2 oz's I can't go wrong. If I dont like them I can send them to the recommender. Now, that is not a call for a pile on.

9. cityhick

cityhick Member

Two that I always have on hand are Bear Blend and Dutch Treat.

Artistik likes this.
  10. PipeWife

PipeWife Active Member

Airborne, my point was that each of their blends has its fans. Two of the three blends I still have on hand have been named as recommended, when they simply didn't trip my trigger. Nothing was BAD though ... just that NBD, PP, and Choco Cream were that much above the rest. The other three I've tried so far are Maple Leaf, Christmas Cookie, and Boswell's Best. I am finishing up a small cobful of Best right now, so I certainly think it smoke-able.

BTW, anyone who does not care for NBD, PP, or Choco Cream is more than welcome to send them to me! Even if I didn't influence their purchasing decision.
    :bing: :puffy: :sailor: :sh: :snork:

11. Phatmandu

Phatmandu Member

Thanx again, got it to 5 that I'll give a go. Have Boswell pipes to smoke them in as well....seems fitting.

12. Tony Malerich

Tony Malerich Active Member

Boswell's Best, Bear Blend, Christmas Cookie and Piper's Pleasure are all tops for me.

13. gunslinger84

gunslinger84 Member

I have only tried Christmas cookie, I like it smells and tastes like my dads kitchen around the holidays when NY sister baked cookies and cakes. My friends also like it for the room note.

Gunslinger,

14. IrishRover

IrishRover Active Member

Christmas time is around the corner.. give some Christmas cookie a try.

15. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

You referenced aros--ssoo--the ones I have tried, and can say are really good are Christmas Cookie, Rasberry Creme, No B ite Delight, and Pa. Dutch Treat----KEEP IN MIND that the Pa. Dutch Treat has a hint of cherry--it is noticable, but in my mind NOT at all over whelming to the point it gives one that cherry throat burn. Also Bear blend, Hunters Choice are nice. I forgot one--a nice mild aro I like is Boswells best--its really mild, nice mellow smoke. I keep alot of their Dans Blend around too. This is a plain old ribbon cut Virginia that I like for an all day smoke. It reminds me of fresh mowed hay, and is also VERY lite, and mellow that doesn't smack of heavy casings, and such. Some say its just too plain--I like it. Also in an English blend--I love their Northwoods---I keep plenty on hand. It has a nice spicey Latakia flavor, and many compare it to a tobacco called "Short Cut To Mushrooms". That is a comparison I CANNOT say I have tried to make--so I will leave that comment to those who have. I kow that the many times I visit their wonderful shop I have seen some HUGE quantities of their Christmas Cookie blend being bagged up for internet sales, and many I have spoke to there buy it because of the same tobacco smoking experience I had with it-----The stuff reminds me, and takes me to a place the reminds of my grandmother taking fresh baked sugar cookies out of the oven during the holiday season----LITERALLY---thats the room note I have from it, and thats what it smells, and tastes like. If you like aro's--Boswells is bound to have something you will enjoy. I have yet to try any of their "Chocolate" type aros. I mainly smoke Virginias, and English stuff, but still enjoy their aros. I currently like some enough that I have jarred up a bunch of their Pa. Dutch Treat--love the stuff. Also their North Woods. I'm getting down in stock on my Boswells Best.

Phatmandu likes this.
  16. Phatmandu

Phatmandu Member

Thank you all for your input. Just placed an order...Boswell's Best, X-Mas Cookie, Dutch Treat, Chokolet Cream, and after reading the story behind Piper's Pleasure and me being such a mush over little girls, I wiped my eyes and got 2 oz. of that as well. RH, I too have been to the Boswell shop, he made me 3 special inlay pipes. Unfortunately they are not on their web page photo album.

17. Stormy

Stormy Resident Rain Maker

Apple Strudel and Boswell's Best are my two fav. aro's.

18. Dave Dueck

Dave Dueck Member

Raspberry Cream was my first Boswell and still a favourite. Also a big fan of Bear Blend, Christmas Cookie and especially Chocolate Cream.

19. PBurt

PBurt New Member

Big fan of Boswell's Best, Christmas Cookie & Pipers Pleasure.

20. DocB

DocB Active Member

PM inbound 1SG...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.