Boswells Tobacco(No Flavor?)

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by KeysandPlastic, Feb 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KeysandPlastic

KeysandPlastic Member

A guy I saw a review on, has said there's no flavor in them, could it be? I don't remember boswells tobacco being tasteless, but I don't remember them having a lot of flavor either, could be I'm just thinking this guys right, I don't think so though.

Your exp?

2. Capt

Capt Active Member

They have good flavor for a week or two, but after that all flavor is gone. Even in a tightly sealed jar it will disappear.

Rodfather and Rewster66 like this.
  3. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

When you talk of Boswell's, they best known for their aromatics, which are absolutely top notch. They are not loaded with goopy chemicals but instead they use high quality toppings on high quality tobaccos. Their flavor profiles are not strong but they are there, and what is there is good.
    They are also known for their Northwoods which is a very good Lat. forward but smooth and very flavorful English blend. Dan's Blend is one of my favorites of theirs and it has a subtle but very nice flavor.:)

Hawkwood likes this.
  4. Rewster66

Rewster66 Active Member

Capt. did make a very good point. I never plan long term with their stuff because I've found what he said to be true, however the Northwoods does age well because the flavor is from the leaf not a topping.;)

Rodfather and Capt like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.