1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Boswell's

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by bubbagump, Feb 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubbagump

bubbagump Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here drooling over their pipes at the moment. I can't get over how quickly they sell. They listed a bunch this morning and I'm watching them get picked off. I already blew through my PAD/TAD budget, so I'll have to pass.

http://boswellpipes.com/pipesforsale.html

2. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

Yeah, I check them here and there and everything is mostly sold every time I look. There's a recent thread about a trip there in the Spring. I'm hoping to join on the day a few PSF'rs go. I'm around 2.5 hours from Boswell's. I believe they always have pipes available in the store that don't go on the web. I think.

3. bubbagump

Yeah...I'd like to run up there this spring. I'm about the same distance from them.

Yup. I ended up buying one. It was similar to one on the website that had just sold.

briarhoff likes this.
  4. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

They have some nice pipes for sure, they are also known for their super huge pipes. I love their churchwarden stems that look like branches.

5. bubbagump

The one I ordered is a mini churchwarden. One of their Jumbo pipes would be cool though.

6. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

I have a Boswell, it is HUGE and it's just not my cup of tea. I was actually gifted the pipe quite some time ago.

Maybe I'll put it up for Trade on here one of these days.

Shawn

bubbagump likes this.
  7. briarhoff

briarhoff Member

Trading is such a hassle. Really. I'll help you out. Just send it to me and be done with it. I can pm you my address. :popc:

8. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

HAHA you may not even like it. Keep an eye out in the trade section, maybe I'll throw it up soon.

Shawn

briarhoff likes this.
  9. templehall

templehall Member

Briarhoff, you are correct, sir. The shop has several cases along the left side wall as you enter. The number of pipes in these cases alone dwarfs the number offered in the pipes for sale portion of the website. Then there are the carts they wheel out with the REST of the selection. It's not a question of finding one you like. It's a question of which one to go for. When you stop in to find your new pipe, give yourself enough time to sit down a spell and enjoy it. Nice people to chat with, and a nice place to enjoy a bowl or three. Don't forget their selection of their own blends, and they have tinned tobacco as well. I'll be stopping in tomorrow. It's too damned tempting only living ~30 miles away!

briarhoff and bubbagump like this.
  10. phinz

phinz Active Member

I actually gave away one of mine a few weeks ago. A friend was in town from Atlanta and he was admiring my collection. He pointed at it and said, "Is that a Boswell? Can I check it out?" I said, "You can have it if you want it." He was blown away.

templehall and ShawnP like this.
  11. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

I think I may put up my boswell tomorrow in the trade section. (Cough Cough Cough Briarhoff).

Shawn

briarhoff likes this.
  12. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

I love Boswell's. When I was there I noticed the pipes in the store are a lot cheaper than the internet ones.

13. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Active Member

+1 on all of that. For every pipe sold in minutes on their weekly offering, there are several similar pipes on the wall rack. Just call them and they'll walk you thru the one you like and most likely find another similar offering.

A few guys have mentioned having an April forum meet & greet at the store, on a Saturday. We'll post details soon, hope you can all make the trip. The upstairs lounge (and downstairs) is a great place to hang out for a few hours and enjoy the Boswell hospitality, which is first rate.

briarhoff and templehall like this.
  14. bubbagump

I got my package from Boswell's today. I'm impressed...they're a class act. They included a Czech 3-in-1 tool, pipe cleaners, tobacco, and matches. If this was a first pipe purchase (period)...I would have been good to go right out of the box. I will definitely be hitting them up in the future.:bing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Yep, that's how they roll. I bought two pipes and got each of those things free. Two Czech tools, two match boxes, sock for each pipe, pipe cleaners and bag of tobacco with each pipe.

16. bubbagump

No pipe sock here. That would have been nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.