1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

BOUGHT A FEW PETERSON'S TODAY

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by RP McMurphy, Sep 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

I use to think that too and probably still when this new purchase wears off.
    But remember, "Every dog has his day!"

2. SenatorXMG

SenatorXMG Member

Nice Petes!! :thu:

3. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

Jealous! That bent System pipe is a beaut, and I bet its a great smoker! I need to expand my Peterson collection, as of yet I only have one, but its a great smoker and you just can't beat the traditional Peterson styles... they are classic pipes! Good buy and enjoy them!

4. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

Thank ya sirs. I too am very happy I found them.

5. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

SCORE! Just the Barrel is ~$55 alone. You done exceptionally well! Congratz! Enjoy and smoke 'em like ya stole 'em 'cause ya sort o'did! ;)

Ed
    Puff

6. MakDragon

MakDragon Illegitimi non carborundum

Nice score! Touchdown! I love my Pete's. Got 8 of them.

7. Mbalta

Mbalta Member

Nice buy! Pete's are great smokers :)

8. Mister Moo

Mister Moo Normal Cow Moderator Moderator

Can't tell from your picture if someone replaced the bit or not. Original Pete tankard and barrel pipes had a silver ferrule and a super-skinny military mount with either P-Lip or conventional fishtail bit. It's hard to find the older military mounts in good shape because, I think,:

1. if you have one in decent shape you probably like it and keep it; and
    2. these small, relatively fragile thin-walled pipes were break- and crack prone. I have seen a few older ones with cracked bowls which, amongst other Peterson pipes, is practically unknown. The thin walls won't handle much abuse or overly hot smoking practices.

Here is a rusticated military version:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Gradations above are in 1/16" increments. The ferrule is stamped "K&P" above three hallmarks.

9. RP McMurphy

RP McMurphy Member

Thank you MOO, I hope you don't mind if I save you photo. I'd like to see if Floyd can make one for me. The gentleman that sold me them had told me he replaced it with the new type because they didn't make those anymore and was giving up smoking. So I reckon it had got broken. I reckon I'll have to go with a fishtail cause I don't know if he has any P-Lip in stock, have to see. And thank you all.

10. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

You sir, got the deal of the decade! Congratulations!

Bri2k

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.