1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Bought my first Savinelli

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Rockaholic555, Jan 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidmackv

davidmackv Active Member

Nice pipe. I have a Sav Bulldog that I won off the bay. It smokes very nicely.

2. Rockaholic555

Rockaholic555 Member

I got her in the mail yesterday and it really didn't need to be cleaned, but I did it anyway. Sanitized the stem and ran some Jameson pipe cleaners through it. After a semi thorough drying time I dug through my jars of toby to see what my first bowl would be. Ended up combining FMOTT and Ol Limey Bastard since I had less than a bowl left of each in the opened jars. 2 parts FMOTT and 1 part OLB tasted better than I thought and man is this pipe a keeper. Nice sized bowl and great draw, no gurgles either. I can safely say that this pipe will get a lot of use around the house and has opened my eyes to why people enjoy Sav pipes.

prole likes this.
  3. Mount Mandolin

Mount Mandolin Active Member

You get Ol' Limey Bastard? Do you happen to live in WNC? I live about 30 minutes from Asheville, where that particular tobacco is blended, and I know all the people there by this point, at least I know them a bit. I'll know them much better before too long. Great folks. Randy Beck, the namesake of the stuff, has sadly passed on, but the tobacco will live on, and that's a good thing.

By the way, I ordered a Roma 626 from 4noggins a few days ago. I'm not thinking it will get here until next week, so I'm itching with anticipation. I just want to get my hands on the thing! It isn't the shape I would have picked out of any shape out there, but it's a good shape, and I'll like it, I'm sure. I'm really wanting a jaw-hanger, but Savinelli doesn't seem to have much in that category. I've heard that it's pretty hard to go wrong with Savinelli. Very, very excited to hear how much you're enjoying it, especially considering how affordable Savinellis are. My next pipe is either going to be an estate Dunhill that I have my eye on right now or a Peterson. Either one would be my first of that brand. But in any case, glad to hear it smokes nice. Just heightens my anticipation! You know what, I'm gonna go smoke some OLB right now, just because you mentioned that. Good call! :puffy:

4. NBPipe

NBPipe Member

I'm no expert but, I would say you got your money's worth! Nice pipe.

5. Rockaholic555

Rockaholic555 Member

Actually I get the OLB in bulk at 4noggins, and I'm just now hearing that Beck has passed on. It's too bad I never met him, I love the tobacco a lot. I'm excited for you to try that Roma 626, and your right, Savs are quite affordable. So much so that I'm positive I'll end up with another one. Let me know how you like the 626 when you get it, it's a nice looking shape.

On a side note, if everyone hasn't tried Beck's OLB it's worth a shot. It's my go to toby.

6. UberHuberMan

UberHuberMan Member

Nice pipe for a great price. Enjoy!

7. aircoder

aircoder Member

Congrats Rock.... enjoy her.

8. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Very nice score!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.