1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Bought some FMOTP yesterday.

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Beale, Apr 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

I've already looked at the Sherlock Holmes (mostly because i bought a peterson sherlock holmes pipe) and i think it will be part of my next order.

2. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

I collect Pete's. I've got a rusticated Sherlock Holmes Original (the one shaped kind of like a Calabash) from the Original series. It is my preferred flake pipe. I'm saving my pennies for a Rathbone from the Return series; the red spray version looks nice, but I'll probably go with the rusticated finish because it looks nice too and it would keep a common theme. I read a posting somewhere or another that Peterson is going coming out with a third Sherlock Holmes series. I hope so.

The Sherlock Holmes blend is a solid Virginia blend. It has to be sipped to be truly enjoyed, and it's mild quality makes it a perfect morning smoke for me. It's a light aromatic with a mild casing that reminds me of sweet apricot tea.

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Pete's Sherlock Holmes tobacco is a wonderful blend of Burley, Virginia, and Orientals. Rock solid tastee! I purchased a tin of it one day and then turned right around and snagged 10 more! I liked it that much. :D

:wiz:
    Ed
    Puff

4. gunsmoke

gunsmoke Member

I'll have to try that one Ed. You make it sound pretty good.
    Any one know why a new tin is better after its been open about a week vs. immediately after opening? I've noticed this especially with English blends.

5. Degenetron

Degenetron Member

Very nice pipe, the Original from the original series. Checked their site and it seems my Baskerville is also from the original series. Mine has got what Alpascia described as the "dark" finish. It's not that dark though.. more of a chestnut type stain. Best pipe i own so far and I will definitely be getting another Peterson. Evenetually.. Starting to be a long list of pipes i "need" ;)

6. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Yours sounds like a beautiful pipe. I've got three Pete's, and have my eye on about 15 more that I "need" ;);). I really like their interpretation of classic styles, and willingness to meld two different traditional styles to create pipes that are distinctly theirs. They're also priced right in my range.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.