1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Brebbia reviews?

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Whalehead King, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

Jan 23, 2010
    I was looking at briars online. I was impressed by the Brebbia line: the designs and the shapes of bowls and stems. What stopped me were the prices. These seem to be too reasonably priced for what I think of as a pretty quality pipe. How much should a Brebbia run? If it's a $50 or $60 pipe (US) is it a smoker that exceeds expectations or is this a starter brand that's going to languish once I get a better pipe. If I buy a pipe I am looking for a friend for life.
  2. Cobra

Cobra Member

Oct 18, 2009

That's exactly what you'll get with a Brebbia. :thumb:
  3. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

Aug 21, 2010
    I'm looking to get a Brebbia myself one and I have only heard great things about them. A Brebbia may be a tresure for $60..you just never know.
  4. Rugbysh9

Rugbysh9 Active Member

Sep 22, 2009
    I've got 3 brebbias. Two of them were about $70. IMO they smoke as good if not better than my Petes, Stanys or Neerups
  5. tsgourley

tsgourley Member

May 2, 2010
    I have one and it's a solid smoker. I can't believe how well it smokes given the price point, in fact. I'd say pull the trigger, you won't be disappointed.
  6. SouthBound

SouthBound Active Member

Sep 28, 2011
    I'll just tack my review onto this old thread.

I own several pipes now, from starter Savinellis to mid-range Ser Jacopos. In my heart, I'm a cheap bastage, though. I'm always on the lookout for a deal, something that gives me a big bang for a little buck. In my experience, Brebbia does just that. I own three of them now. I bought my first over a year ago, a Noce 8311, for around $75. It was run-in and smoking great after only 10 bowls or so. The other two were purchased as estates. One is a First bent billiard, the other a Jumbo pot. These, thankfully, were already run-in by the previous owner. All three are terrific smokers, and they really excel at smoking those dense flakes I favor, like Irish Flake and Dark Flake.

The fit and finish leave no room for complaint, either. It's better than any others at the same price point. The only thing I would wish for is a little more clenchable stem on the 8311. My point is, if you're looking for a deal on a new pipe, you can't do much better than a Brebbia. I recommend them highly.
    psquared likes this.
  7. lifeon2

lifeon2 Member

Jan 31, 2012
    I own 2 and they are fantastic. Go for it you wont be sorry you did.
  8. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    Brebbia is a fine pipe maker . You'll enjoy whatever pipe you get from them . Both Savinelli and Brebbia make a damn fine product for the money . Their 60 dollar pipes will smoke as good as their 150 dollar pipes ! Get it and enjoy !
  9. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Apr 24, 2011
    I only have one Brebbia. It is a small Romanza style/shape, and it is a good solid little smoking pipe. Based on the way it smokes I can't say I would tell anyone NOT to own a Brebbia. Granted mine is small, and I like big pipes, but its unique shape, and wasp like stem along with the rustication grabbed me, and I had to have it. Its a good, solid little smoker. I don't remember what I paid for it.
  10. wtagye

wtagye Member

Oct 16, 2010
    I have a Brebbia bent prince and I love it. Only thing that would make it better is if it was a bit larger. That being said I will now look for a Brebbia Author.
  11. JimInks

JimInks Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2012
    I paid $100 in 2002 for a black 1997 Brebbia Jubilee 925 silver banded grain sandblast briar calabash. I don't remember the number of them that were made, but it was limited. Anyway, it's a great smoker.
  12. upinsmoke

upinsmoke Member

May 19, 2011
    I once got a top of the line Brebbia. Beautiful shape and smoked well. Then I found out the finish was lacquer. Artificial lacquer. I declined to smoke it any more because of wariness over possible carcinogenic properties.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.