1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Briar Nosewarmer

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by gunnerz, Aug 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gunnerz

gunnerz Member

I just lost a bid on what was going to be my first briar pipe. Totally annoyed because it's wonderful, new and exactly what I wanted. Oh well. Does anyone know of any similar pipes to this one?

[​IMG]

Mington likes this.
  2. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

The general shape is called a Lovat and the finish looks to be a sandblast that's been buffed down a bit, though it could have been rusticated with a tool and then buffed down I suppose. Either way, it's a very popular shape and good used examples (in whatever finish you like) are usually fairly easy to find on ebay. Here's a link -

http://www.ebay.com/dsc/Pipes-/4118/i.html?LH_TitleDesc=1&_nkw=lovat&_sop=1

Some lovats tend to get a lot bigger than the traditional 5 inches or so (which looks to be about the size of the one you posted), so just be aware of that. Some of the smaller examples will run 4-4.25 inches, and can be great lil' pipes IMO. Good Luck! :puffy:

James1956 likes this.
  3. gunnerz

gunnerz Member

Thank you very, very much!!!

4. phatdaddynxn

phatdaddynxn Member

thats a shame, handsome pipe.

5. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Our own DGErwin11 makes and sells briar nosewarmers. I have one of his and it smokes wonderfully.

bubbagump likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.