1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Brief thoughts on Autumn Evening

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Fbones24, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

This is not a review, but just my thoughts. :rolleyes:

I smoked this blend for the first time last night. I was expecting something completely different. It was just too cloyingly sweet. I know this one gets rave reviews for an aro, but it was just too much for me. Felt like I was swimming in a tub of butterscotch.

Worse, I smoked this before bed and I woke up in the middle of the night and felt nauseous. NOt sure if it is coincidence or a product of the sweetness of the smoke? :cfsd:

Anyone else not like this blend? If I let this blend sit for a few months, will it calm down?

2. OldSouled65

OldSouled65 Active Member

I find it goes into it's own in a month or two.

Fbones24 likes this.
  3. OldSouled65

I have some aged for 5 months, somewhere. If I can find it want a sample?

4. Fbones24

Fbones24 Member

I would take a sample, but you don't have to go out of your way. I'm going to jar what I have and test it after one month, two months, etc. I want to like this blend, so I'm not going to give up on it.

OldSouled65 likes this.
  5. Morse

Morse Active Member

Morse adds another blend to TAD list

Dondi likes this.
  6. OldSouled65

I'll try to find it. I remember it being in a jar, just not remembering where I stuffed it away. This was before I was a serious smoker.

7. Rodfather

Rodfather Active Member

Try as I may, I can't get this stuff to work for me. I realize that it is a very popular areo. I keep thinking I am missing the boat.

8. Pschoppy48

Pschoppy48 Member

It does calm down just a bit, but the nic hit remains. The flavor mellows.

9. ShilohHollow

ShilohHollow Active Member

I really wanted to like this one too, but just don't care for it. The room and tin note was great, but it lacked the taste I was looking for.

10. Vaquero

Vaquero Member

I haven't found there to be a significant nic hit from this one, but overall I like this blend. However, it took me about 2 or 3 months to start to like it. It's not that complex, I have found it makes for good blending with something a little heavier, as a "parfait." Not a bad aro, IMO! Hope you spend some more time with it; you never know, it could grow on you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.