1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Brigadier Black Disconinued

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Morse, May 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morse

Morse Active Member

I noticed that Bull Run was no longer listed on the P&C website. I sent an email and received the following reply

"Unfortunately these were a buy out and now that the Bull Run is gone,
    it is gone for good. "

I asked about the other three blends that a still available and was told that basically when the current stock is gone that will be it. Get it while you can - I missed the boat on Bull Run, who knew it would be gone so soon

Edit - If a mod could fix the title to say discontinued that would be great ;)

2. jhguthlac

jhguthlac Active Member

P&C did send out an e-mail telling us to stock up before it was too late. I believe the first intent was to see how these went over, continuing if feasible. Apparently not enough demand.

3. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

Glad I picked up all 4 in 8oz tins then. Not sure why i'm glad I haven't smoked any of it yet :doh:

Shawn

4. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Sorry to hear you missed out! Personally, I didn't much care for any of them and gave away my sample pack, but hey, everyone's tastes are different.

5. ShawnP

ShawnP Member

I've heard that from a few people, guess that's why I haven't been pressed to try them.

Shawn

6. mecompco

mecompco Active Member

Yeah, I was quite disappointed, they sounded good. I guess I'm just not much of an aromatic smoker, though I DO fire up some Captain Black once in a while--it's the only thing I've smoked inside that the wife has actually commented on (positively). Anyhow, my future SIL is enjoying them (but then, he also prefers Swisher Sweets)--ah, youth!

7. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

If it's a blend you really dig .. I feel for ya . I've been there and it's a bummer . When Edgeworth Slices were gone , I felt an emptiness for a good long while it seemed . When Dunhill wasn't produced for a year or two I was bummed . I was shocked when Amphora wasn't exported to the USA anymore .. I could go on ... it's a drag . Thankfully , we can order a bazillion blends these days ........... just not the ones that are gone

Thuber88 and boiseTim like this.
  8. pepesdad1

pepesdad1 Member

Anybody try Brigadier Black Alamo? Tried it and fell in love...again. Ordered 6 pounds of it and got it before it was discontinued. P&C.com may have some left. Aro lovers will love this.

9. Morse

Morse Active Member

Turns out that P&C had bad info themselves - all four of the Brigadier Blacks are back in stock. Not sure why they said they would not continue - perhaps confusion after the acquisition.

10. pepesdad1

pepesdad1 Member

Thanks for the info. Russ ordered in 100 tins of the Alamo and indicated that was going to be it. Maybe they changed their minds when tins were moving. Appreciate the response.

11. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

The Gettysburg was pretty decent

12. pepesdad1

pepesdad1 Member

Only tried the Alamo....was terrific. I started with Lane's 1-Q and the Alamo is three times better and in the same direction as 1-Q.

13. Thuber88

Thuber88 Well-Known Member

I had the Gettysburg as a generous sample from Rakemepip, and Jiminks had a different flavor, but I can't recall which one .
    Gettysburg reminds me of Shortcut to Mushrooms, a semi sticky black cav, decent flavor, less goopy than Shortcut though

14. LostDog13

LostDog13 Active Member

I enjoy the Gettysburg every now and then, but when I do smoke an aro I enjoy vanilla blends.

15. pepesdad1

pepesdad1 Member

You must have gotten an off spec. batch of Shotcut...all that I've gotten has been a wonderful slightly "blankety", velvety flavor...nothing goopy. Oh well, different tastes. As long as your happy with the smoke...enjoy.
    Rock on pipsters!

16. Domminigan

Domminigan Member

I'd picked up a set of the 8oz tins when I'd heard about them. Then more when I'd heard they were discontinued, still not a decision I regret.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.