1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Broke My First Pipe

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Artee, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Artee

Artee Member

I broke my first pipe today. I paid 20-25 for it, so no worries there, but it broke in a weird way. I was clenching it, and it dropped a little in my mouth and the stem snapped, with shank inside the bowl. I guess I could get a new stem if I could remove the shank, but I don't think I could remove the shank.

Picture doesn't really show what happened, but I didn't like the briar much and threw both leftover parts anyway.

2. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

It's repairable, check the Links section for pipe repair and service.

3. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

When you do send it, be sure to insure it and get delivery confirmation and tracking. I sent out a GBD Churchwarden last May and it's "lost in the mail". No, I didn't pay extra to insure/track/confirm deliv. Stoooopid me! Oh well. It came to me broke. The seller literally "gave" it to me since it arrived broke (set of 3, one broke).

So, if you do send it, don't lose your pipe.

:dunno:
    Ed Puff!
    cogito ergo puff

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

That sucks man .. but it happens . I busted some killer pipes ..... it's a bummer . Even ran over one with the lawn mower. Drove over a few in the truck . Dropped a bunch . Broke one of my favs. [ hilson canadian dublin ] so bad that I burned it in the wood stove outta respect . I miss that pipe .

5. dubhdarra

dubhdarra Active Member

i find that breaking pipes is bad. if i were you i'd avoid doing this in the future.

6. erickghint

erickghint Member

I'm trying my best to picture how this happened. You dropped it out of your mouth? Or it slipped a little from your teeth and you went to catch it and snapped the stem? I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just trying to figure out what happened.

7. Artee

Artee Member

K thanks.

8. Artee

Artee Member

Yeah, this is why I threw it in the trash and I'm not gonna repair it. It was an unmarked briar with a metal filter.
    I had it between my teeth, loose, and clenched them tight and the shock of that clench just snapped it. My guess is that somthing may have been wearing it down regardless. It doesn't matter, I bet the cost of fixing is probably more than I paid for the damn thing. I;m just gonna use it as an excuse ti buy a new pipe, and I'll be sure to show you folks.

FYI - The plastic stem broke at the wood, I do not know if the filter is/was intact, but that's for my local dumpsterdiver to figure out should he feel the need to.

9. chambers11283

chambers11283 Member

I know you said its a cheaper pipe, but i have a few of the cheaper priced pipes and if i was to break one......I dont even want to think of the rage and holes in my wall lol....all my pipes be them cheaper priced to the higher more well known pipes, they all have a soft spot in my eyes for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.