1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

Broken Roma Stem

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ol dub, May 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ol dub

ol dub Member

Does anyone know how to get ahold of the Roma Pipe company? I have a Roma I bought from the Tinder Box and I have broken the stem. I was wondering if I could send it in to be fixed?

2. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

I believe Roma is a Savinelli pipe line not a company, you may want to contact Savinelli.

3. DGErwin11

DGErwin11 Moderator Moderator

Any of the real pipe makers (as opposed to cob modders) could also fix you up. Or Walker Briar Works or Ffloyd Norwood or...

4. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

Unless he wants a replacement Savinelli stem?

5. Kiowapipe

Kiowapipe Active Member

ol dub, you probably won't be able to get a quick plug'n'play replacement from Roma (Savinelli). They might be willing to make you one, but even assuming you can reach someone it will probably be expensive and take a long long time.
    Do you have a decent local pipes/tobacco store? If so, I'd recommend first going in and asking the proprietor what he'd charge to get you a replacement stem. If he won't do it or he'll charge more than $30 or so, then I'd probably contact Floyd Norwood about doing it. Floyd will set you up with a good replacement stem for $20 or so.

6. Scottly

Scottly Member

7. Scottly

Scottly Member

I have a natural Punto Oro I think it is, Sav natural anyway that I broke the stem on. If any PSF'ers are into stem repair let me know. I dont want to send this one to Savinelli.

8. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

In my opinion, if it's a nice pipe and you want to keep it original I would send it to Savinelli to have a new stem fitted, if it's just a knock around smoker any one of many pipe repairers can fit a generic stem for you.

9. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

I'm with the others here---If you want to keep it original you are gonna have to send it back, and wait for probably a long time to get your pipe back.
    Now if you don't care about whether the stem is original--there are many pipe makers who could knock out a stem for you in a much shorter time. I guess I would probably try to keep it original----its just the hassle of getting it sent back, and then the darn long wait to get your pipe back.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.