1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Brought a little blondie home

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by Sweatsack, Feb 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

So I made my trip out to Seattle/Tacoma this weekend to see Social Distortion. They were awesome, and there a lot of hot rockabilly kittens in the crowd for sure, but I brought something a little sexier home.

One

Two

Edit: I have no idea why the image embedding isn't working so there's some links.

My buddy I went to visit in Tacoma took me to a Tinderbox and I was pretty impressed with their selection of pipes, both in styles and price. This little beauty cost me about $58. It's a Britannia; I have done some poking around and have heard rumors that these are seconds of a reputable pipemaker, perhaps Dunhill (confirmation/denial welcome). In any event, although I just got it I think it's both my best looking and best smoking pipe. It fits my hand and my style nicely I feel. I can see it becoming my favorite. I looked it over to see what would make it a second and the only thing I can see is a spot on the side where the briar is marred with some very light tool marks. But for $58 I can definitely live with that.

Oh, yeah, and she brought a friend along. That's a nearly-full can of Christmas Cheer 2008. I don't know how long it's been opened but it seems to be still good. My buddy gave it to me for free. I definitely wasn't going to turn it down.

2. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

And if anyone is looking for a relatively inexpensive pipe or has been considering a Britannia, I'll vouch that they're pretty decent.

3. scavenger

scavenger Member

Very nice! She's a good lookin girl ;) I love going to rockabilly/psychobilly shows, and the women there are definitely nice to look at. I saw social D in modesto a couple weeks ago. What a show! Enjoy your pipe!

Scavenger

4. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I sure favor the traditional shapes . I hear ya about how they feel in your hand . Imo they cant be beat . I had an old Marxman that was shaped very much like that pipe and I was in love with it ... Enjoy !

5. telltime

telltime Active Member

A statement that also belongs in the "You Know you're getting older when" post!

Congrats on the pipe and Christmas Cheer. Enjoy them both!

6. Falconeer

Falconeer Active Member

Hi All,

A lovely looking pipe - I can see why you gave into temptation! Many happy years with it!

Best as ever

Gerry

7. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

That shop is not a bad shop at all. I wish they had a larger selection of tinned blends. Next time your in the area, I would try to check out the shop in Pike Place Market. They have very few pipes but tons of tinned blends. Decent prices, for Seattle.

Nice pipe too. I fell inlove with that size pipe recently too. Nice find!

8. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

Yeah I agree. I noticed they had their own bulks and a few bulks/tins behind the counter but nothing special.

I ran around Belltown and was in and out of Pike's Place all day Saturday. What place are you talking about? The little stoner shop downstairs? I popped in there to look around, I noticed they had like two briar pipes but I didn't see any tinned tobacco. Wish I'd noticed it (if we're thinking of the same place). Not that I am in need of any tobacco considering the big ol' can of Christmas Cheer I brought home and the other stuff I have hanging around in baggies needing to be smoked.

9. cellophane

cellophane Member

I do like rockabilly kittens. Why not bring home both? :devil:

10. soundlzrd

soundlzrd Active Member

I do not think it was a head shop, as many "cigar and pipe" shops are in WA. After a quick google search to jog the memory it is a place called The Tobacco Patch. If I remember correctly, it is across from the market itself next to the original Starbucks location.

11. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

I did totally grab on some big ol' booty. She was crowd surfing...I didn't want her to fall. :whistle:

I gotcha. Yeah there is a headshop downstairs in the actual market building, that's where I went. They had some briar and meerschaum pipes; the meers were like $20 so I figured they were probably garbage, and I thought that probably spoke to the quality of the briar as well. I must have walked right by the Tobacco Pouch joint; I passed that Starbucks but I was mowing down on food from one of those vendors so I was a little distracted.

12. Sweatsack

Sweatsack Member

I wasn't trying to spend money on tobacco, though; if anything I wanted to get a pouch of Carter Hall as I haven't partaken in it yet and I thought an easy-smoking burley would be best to cake up the new pipe on the ride home. I assumed I could probably pick it up in a gas station somewhere along the way (I was wrong).

13. Bri2k

Bri2k Active Member

That's a very nice looking blonde indeed, Sweatsack. I hope you enjoy her for many years! She sure looks like a good smoker!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.