1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.
  2. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryson

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by raisingale, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raisingale

raisingale Member

After admiring a friends pristine Kirsten pipe I decided that I too must have one. After a quick E-Bay search I stumbled onto an immaculate Bryson. It looked similar enough to satisfy my Kirsten needs so I feverishly bid on it. I "won" it for less than $25 (shipping included). Is anyone familiar with the Bryson line? Needless to say, once it arrives I'll post some photos.

2. yinyang

yinyang Some rim charring is to be expected.

Check smokinmetal.co.uk out. They have pictures and descriptions for darn near every metal pipe made.

I just looked, BTW, and it appears to have a briar powdered bowl...lets hope it isn't a brylon bowl...

3. raisingale

raisingale Member

I saw that about the bowl as well. I also read somewhere that it's just 100% compressed briar, no adhesives added. I can't imagine how they accomplished that but we'll see how she smokes.

4. yinyang

The good news is that there is at least one boutique pipemaker around who makes bowls for various metal pipes. Worse case scenario, you pick up a custom briar bowl. I can't recall the maker(s), but the prices were pretty good. If you find your metal stem pipe too handy to ignore, it is an option, anyway.

A personal request from me...let me know how it draws...my Kirsten is pretty tight on it, and I'd be curious how that similarly built Bryson fairs.

5. raisingale

raisingale Member

Cool, a new or at least an extra bowl would be nice. I'll definitely let you know how she smokes!

6. moshee

moshee Member

7. raisingale

raisingale Member

8. yinyang

Thanks, Moshee...I knew they were around somewhere...(I love that tall, green Kirsten too...betcha it's one heck of a flake burner.)

Still, BAD :thumbsu: is premature, I think. (Albeit fun...) Bryson may make a superior bowl, and even if it's the same as brylon, it's a bowl, not the whole pipe. The role of the bowl diminishes somewhat on a radiator pipe. Well, that's my experience of it. I could bore you with my feelings on it, but YMMV with what is a different pipe outright.

9. raisingale

raisingale Member

True, true... I guess i should give my soon to arrive pipe a try before I start lusting after something new. That's a great site with all of the replacement bowls though. I may need one "just because"! I'm sure my wife would think otherwise though!

10. yinyang

"Bowls are like wimmen, you should never limit yerself to one."

-yinyang

(Let's see if that quote catches on.)

11. raisingale

raisingale Member

I just checked the site and an adaptor screw, bowl, and shipping would cost $32.33. Not bad at all. I almost ordered it and then it dawned on me that I haven't even seen the actual pipe yet. If it's in the pristine shape it's promised to be in then I'll pull the trigger. If it's an unsightly abomination then it will become a pricey piece of trash!

12. SSGpiper

SSGpiper Member

You could always use it as a paperweight...then it would be a MPP (Metal Pipe Paperweight).

13. t-bear

t-bear Well-Known Member

Good find on that site Walt. Not a metal puffer myself, but our friend Steve (SmokinDawg) over on GPSF might find it interesting. He's got a decent collection of various metal pipe manufacturers.

14. raisingale

raisingale Member

15. yinyang

Cool beans! Now if that bowl doesn't get blister hot, or impart the taste of pooh, well, I'd say you won all around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.