1. This forum section is for discussing pipes, it is not for advertising in any fashion.

BST on Smokingpipes......and it's a beauty!

Discussion in 'Pipes' started by ArmedOctopus, Aug 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dBear

dBear Active Member

Oh, I should thank Todd too, but I feel kind of guilty because I haven't really yet paid the man what his pipes are worth.

2. WrightwoodJohn

WrightwoodJohn Wrightwood expatriate

Great pipe at a great price, nice snag dBear !

JimInks and dBear like this.
  3. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

dbear-now you can have twin volcanos---congrats and enjoy it.

dBear likes this.
  4. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Active Member

Congrats & great choice. Todds Cumberland stems are amazing. I hope he remembered to drill the draft on that one.

[​IMG]

dBear likes this.
  5. TheModernGent

TheModernGent Member

I certainly did, hence why I popped by this thread :doh:

5H4N3 likes this.
  6. Smokes

Smokes Member

You found the guy? You are a gentleman.

7. TheModernGent

TheModernGent Member

I certainly did. He contacted me like 4 or 5 days after I got it at the yard sale :)

8. Smokey Tom

Smokey Tom Active Member

Bear in mind, someone else already paid him for it originally.

dBear likes this.
  9. ArmedOctopus

ArmedOctopus Active Member

I was hoping someone on here would find it. Good to know we kept the BST "in the family". :thu:

WalkinStick, dBear and TheModernGent like this.
  10. Russell Hartman

Russell Hartman Stay Silver

Dbear--I agree with Smokey Tom. The original owner paid Todd for his work. I wouldn't feel bad. You picked up a nice pipe at a nice price. I am however curious about those scratches on the bottom as described in the sale description.
    One of the things about the sale of that pipe was the fact that little by little Todds' work is gaining some more recogniton and folks are learning about his work.
    Recently while I was out and about at a local B&M I was smoking one of my BST's. An older gentleman spied me pretty hard and asked me about my pipe. He wanted to know where I had gotten it. When I explained to him that the letters on it--BST--were from a Canadian pipe maker Todd-"Sasquatch"-Bannard--he said to me--"Never heard of the fella". When I took a pipe cleaner and showed him the ease in which it went right to the bowl and showed him the internals and even allowed him to handle it--well--thats when he stated--"Its a beautifully made pipe to perfection to include the balance." I gave him Todds web site info and the guy told me that his finances will not allow for most artisan carver pipes these days.
    I think there are those currently in the pipe making community--no they do not turn out massive numbers every year--however--the small number of pipes they do turn out are pipes from start to finish--extremely close attention to details are where this all pays off.
    DBEAR---I gotta laugh---at $115.00---you got a super good deal on that BST--at least in my mind anyhow. I really hope you enjoy it A LOT.:bing::toast:

WalkinStick, dBear and TheModernGent like this.
  11. dBear

dBear Active Member

I have noticed that Todd gets a little absent minded now and then. But he's a nice guy, so what the heck?

WalkinStick likes this.
  12. dBear

dBear Active Member

Thanks to both you guys for that.
    Yeah, I'm so glad to see that - the guy really deserves it.
    At $115 I STOLE it, even if the bottom was gouged by cat claws! BSTs smoke, feel and balance just make them superior pipes and I'm sure this one's no different.

WalkinStick and Smokey Tom like this.
  13. Riff Raff

Riff Raff Active Member

Todd actually poked fun at himself with that line a few months ago and it stuck with me. I posted that via my phone earlier today and then realized not everyone might have "got" the joke.

dBear likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.