Bulk Maple

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Whalehead King, Mar 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

I'm from New England, Connecticut to be specific, and I recently moved to New Orleans. I enjoy the bulk tobaccos that I've been picking up at the B&M here and, feeling maybe somewhat homesick, I picked out an ounce of maple flavored tobacco.

My reasoning: Nothing bad has every come out of New England and what other product is so quintessentially New England? Vermont is famous for maple syrup, but we make it in Connecticut too (not me personally). Well, let's just say if nothing bad ever came from the six New England states, this tobacco didn't come from there.

Does any one like maple tobacco? Any luck with bulk mixtures?

Thanks,
    WK

2. woody

woody Admin Admin

I once got a free sample of Maple Street by Sutliff and it was very good. I ordered a large can but it wasn't as good as the small one. I don't know if it was the larger can or because it wasn't a free sample.

3. Pecci

Pecci Active Member

4. Strongirish

Strongirish Member

Best Maple I have ever tried is made by Carole at Wilke. Vtpipes.com She is located in New England and is a great hand blender.

5. Schmitz Bitz

Schmitz Bitz Member

Sterling Tobaccos Maple Leaf is a tasty, albeit very mild blend.

Another solid blend (that is on it's way to the U.S. shores) is Brigham's Maple/Vanilla, the maple flavour is more pronounced, almost like smoking pancakes (in a good way).

6. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

WVsmokeshop has the Century brand rum and maple and a maple blend . you could try an ounce of what they got for $ 1.79 . I've had their rum and maple and it was pretty good ... their Z50 black cordial is topps

7. Jay

Jay Active Member

I'll second the Rum and Maple match from Tobacco Barn, have a 1/2 pound right now, and i am not big on the aro's. I sampled some because the wife was mentioning it and now she lets me smoke it indoors a few night a week!

J

8. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

I am quite taken with McClelland's Town Topic. I like the Maple Street as well, but it ends harsh and leaves a bit of a sour note in my pipes lately. Both do well in a pinch, but the Town Topic wins the batle for tops with me. I always am looking for more maple blends - I will try some of those mentioned above!!

9. Whalehead King

Whalehead King Balaenius Rex!!

I had forgotten the Maple Street until Woody mentioned the free sample they offered. I liked it much better than what I've got now but I agree it didn't wow me at the end of the bowl. I like the idea of maple. I'll do some research on the blends suggested and pick something out.

Thanks, gentlemen. Two heads are better than one.
    Cheers,
    WK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.