1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Bulk substitute for Patriot Flake...

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by James1956, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. James1956

James1956 Member

I've been looking for something similar to Patriot Flake that's available in bulk, and was thinking that MC 2010 might fit the bill. Most of the reviews for 2010 use the terms "tangy", and "citrus", which I associate with Patriot. I currently smoke the 3 PS luxury flakes, Newminster navy flake, and several C&D blends. Patriot is just too costly to be an "all day" smoke for me. Any suggestions?

David Emond likes this.
  2. boiseTim

boiseTim Member

Mc 2010 :th1: or Mc5115 Classic cake

David Emond likes this.
  3. David Emond

David Emond Active Member

I still havent tried my patriot stash. Thanks for the thread, ill try this once my cold is over

4. James1956

James1956 Member

Thanks, guys. I'll add both of those to my TAD list, Tim. Hope that you like the Patriot, David. If, and when the weather ever breaks here in NE, I'll be doing a lot of smoking while cleaning up my yard (need to tidy up for hurricane season). I need to switch to a "bulk only" diet to free up some funds for pipes...

ruffinogold and David Emond like this.
  5. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Ruffinogold-Mayor, I.R.G.E.--At Large. Mayor

I havent had Patriot Flake in years and am trying to recollect . Is it Med or mildish ... I'm thinking Medium or it builds to medium . I liked it when I was buying it , then it dried up and I started buying Petersen and Sorensen Tradition , which is fantastic , but dried up also . Have you tried PS LNF ? I'm not saying it's the same but it's cheap and available

6. James1956

James1956 Member

I think of it as an upscale version of MacB VA #1. It's a fermented VA with a nice citrus tang, that, as you said, warms up and builds a bit in strength as the bowl progresses. I'm a big fan of all 3 PS luxury flakes, and just had a bowl of LNF on my ride home tonight. Patriot has a certain sharp, bright quality that I enjoy early in the day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.