Bulk Va recommendation

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by fogpipe, Feb 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fogpipe

fogpipe Member

High nicotene, ribbon cut, if possible and mildly aromatic.No burley, no perique, no latakia.
    Help appreciated. I smoke mostly burlies but like va's when im out because if i pause a pipeful of burley it doesnt dgt so well.

2. muddler

muddler Active Member

I honestly don't know any Va that meets your specs. If you drop the high nic condition there are a bunch. McClelland 5100 being one of them.

fogpipe likes this.
  3. buistd

buistd Sales Account

Have you ever seen the advanced search function on tobaccoreviews.com? I searched for a blend with Virginia, but not Perique, Burley or Latakia, in the strength range medium to overwhelming with room note of very pleasant to pleasant. It turns up 71 results, but not really any bulk blends. If you change the room note to "pleasant to tolerable" you get 191 results. There's a few C&D bulks that come out under those search criteria, as well as a few flakes that are available in bulk. I think you may have to sacrifice the ribbon cut part of your search - you could always rub the flakes out fully before putting them in your pouch to take out with you for the day.

fogpipe likes this.
  4. Biggles

Biggles Active Member

fogpipe likes this.
  5. cobbsmoker

cobbsmoker Active Member

These are not high nicotine Virginias but are very good bulk Viriginias from the McClelland line that I would recommend.

#2010 Classic Virginia (pure virginia flake)
    #5100 Red Cake (rubbed out red virginia)
    Eastern Carolina Ribbon (ribbon cut bright virginias)

fogpipe and Spillproof like this.
  6. LostDog13

LostDog13 Active Member

why bulk only? you can get H&H in 8oz tins; do the price comparison

fogpipe likes this.
  7. fogpipe

fogpipe Member

Do they make a high nic va? Sounds like a good alternative if they do.

8. LostDog13

LostDog13 Active Member

I'll have to leave that for the more knowledgable here. I have only had a few of the H&H blends, and haven't made it around to the VA blends yet. I have enjoyed the ones I've tried, so personally I think all of Russ' blends are worth the risk. The 1.5 oz tins are $6.89 and the 8 oz tins are $17.41 now. If you are hesitant, then snag some of the 1.5 oz to try out a blend and find the ones you like before they go on sale in Dec.

9. Eric Pierson

Eric Pierson Resident Giant

Well, GL Pease's Union Square does not come in bulk, but does come in 8 oz tins and I have found it to have a good nicotine boot for a straight VA blend. John Patton's Quadruple Va available at 4 Noggins is a good bulk Va offering, but I would not say it is a strong nic blend. That is all I can really offer, but I have been watching htis thread with interest as what you are asking for sounds great to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.