1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Burely for Breakfast

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by RTOdhner, Jul 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RTOdhner

RTOdhner Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2011
    This weekend I smoked some MacB Golden gifted to me from Brad, and some Middelton Cherry Blend gifted from Ruff. Excellent tobies, thanks Guys. Both were smoked in some trusty cobs.

This got me to thinking about my morning smoke preferences, and it occurred to me that my favorites all have strong Burley components, and all are OTC's: Cherry Blend, Sugar Barrel, Walnut, Prince Albert, Carter Hall, and Granger. There a few exceptions, like MacB Golden and Plumcake, Dunhill EMP, Stokkebye Natural, and Pease Cairo, but my absolute favorite morning smokes are Burley driven OTC's, almost all are made by Middelton, and all are smoked in cobs.

So, here's to all of us Old Codgers!

PS: How do you correct the title line so I can correct the spelling on Burley?
    Scottly likes this.
  2. Scottly

Scottly Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Yes sir, nothing goes better with my morning coffee than Carter Hall in a cob.
    RTOdhner likes this.
  3. ruffinogold

ruffinogold Vaperburlataro ! Mayor

Sep 25, 2009
    Man , I'm so with ya on this . I smoke SWR in the am w/ coffee .... Cherry blend and MB GE through out the day with PS LTF getting in there quite a bit as of late . In the evening is when I'll branch out or not ... depending on mood . Last night was SWR Aro and a small bowl of Firedance to end the day . Burley is the perfect middle ground for me . It's a must
  4. alchemist

alchemist Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I like a strong burley after a sweet breakfast of coffee cake or pancakes, etc. Otherwise, not so much. Or...any time of day, a burley is good after a sweet snack. Mostly, though, I like the sugars in my tobacco to be natural, not added. That means Virginia, not burley. To each his own, though.

I do admit, it is hard to beat a slice of Edgeworth after a stack of waffles and honey-sweetened coffee.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.