Butera Kingfisher

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by BAMAFAN, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAMAFAN

BAMAFAN Member

I have been trying to locate some Butera Kingfisher for quite a while. I have it on the "notify me" alert of most of the online shops. I don't know if it's no longer produced or just not available in the USA.
    After reading several reviews I became fascinated with it and "had to have it" :D but cannot find it.
    Does anyone know what is going on with the Kingfisher?

2. Rickpal14

Rickpal14 Member

It is one of those impossible to find blends. I picked up a few tins of Pelican blend a few months ago so it seems as if Butera is still producing but can't be sure what is still coming from them.

BAMAFAN likes this.
  3. BAMAFAN

BAMAFAN Member

Sorry guys, just found the thread "Any blends similar to Kingfisher? which explains it all :oops: .

4. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Butera is an importer/distributor of a line of tobacco. They don't blend it themselves. They have blends made by Germain, Stokkebye and McClelland. A couple years ago Butera was bought by Arrango. You may have noticed on packages of Esoterica products that they are imported and distributed by Butera. I think Arrango bought Butera for the Esoterica line and just hasn't been too worried about getting Kingfisher out there.

I have emailed Arrango mutiple times and they always say Kingfisher is coming back. But they have been saying that for a couple of years. Kingfisher is made by Germain so that may be part of the problem as well. They seem to be maxed out in production.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.