1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

butera kingfisher

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Feb 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Pipes & Cigars.............go get it!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

2. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

gone... and I just wanted a tin to try :(

3. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

correction, you gotta call, I got two tins. woot

4. Kyle Black

Kyle Black Member

BTW they only have 6 tins left now so.....

5. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

By any chance did you happen to ask what the deal is with the supply?

6. AndyLowry

AndyLowry Member

Growing up with Amos 'n' Andy makes me suspicious of anything called "Kingfish."

7. Trendsetter

Trendsetter Member

My buddy just found a tin o' this stuff collecting dust in the back of a local B&M. Quite a fine catch apparently. :)

8. sounds7

sounds7 Member

I think this stuff is hard to find because it is still made by J.F. Germain in limited production that doesn't meet demand just like the Penzance and Stonehaven which are also made for Butera by J.F. Germains & sons. there are other reasons that should be considered as well though. There was a rumor this stuff was no longer being made which created a feeding frenzy of sorts. Then a rumor (IMO) that J.F. Germain was no longer making it and production was being moved to Stokkebye however, other than a note in tobaccoreviews.com (Likely created by just a pipe smoker) and messge board chitchat I have found nothing of substance on the changing of production to Stokkebye. There are no kingfisher tobaccos on Stokkebye's site and no mention of Stokkebye by Mike Butera.

This 2009 article in pipesmokersforum states that King Fisher is made by J.F. Germain and Pelican is made by Stokkebye.
    http://pipesmokersforum.com/blog/pipe-n...tobacco-names/
    Rumors fuel the fire that burns deep inside those who hoard rare tobacco and such would be the case also if production was changed as in the Dunhill move from Murrays to Orlik. As for Kingfisher and its present day tins all 6 of the tins i ordered from Iwanries.com and pipesandcigars.com say made in Jersey, british isles. that is proof enough to me that this is still being made by J.F.Germain and not Stokkebye.

9. Wicklow

Wicklow Member

I see 4noggins is showing this in stock now as well.

10. Puff The Magic

At first, oh about a year ago, I ordered 12 tins of both Pelican and Kingfisher. They (P&C) called a day later and told me the KF was no longer in stock. P&C said the KF would be arriving in a week or so and did I wish them to hold/change the order. I said to send the Pelican and keep the KF as a "pre-order". Well the other day (the day I posted) P&C called me and said my KF was "in" and did I still want it? I guess you know what I told them...........

That IS service! I know they've had order problems in the past but I was totally taken by this level of customer service. They're a fine etailer and I gotz to check out the b&m associated with this fine business.

Anyway, when I first fired up the Pelican, I didn't much care for it.......but now , almost a year later.....it's a wonderful and tastee smoke.....maybe it's because I've fallen for the Latakia Mistress.

Mike Butera blends are superb creations and both Pelican and Kingfisher are prime examples of Butera toby.

Get some!

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

11. Snake

Snake permanent ankle biter

Saw that SP has it as well. Wish I
    had better luck with P&C than I
    have.

dp

12. Puff The Magic

Both P&C and SP have screwed up or left my orders short.....they both corrected it 100% and I was pleased. As long as they know about it,they'll make it right with you. They will.

I'm ~1.5 lbs + on "free toby" by their mistakes/damage in shipping. Chin up dp! It'll be fixed.

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

13. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Boy am I glad to see this fine blend isn't dead and gone. I had pretty well written it off.

14. sounds7

sounds7 Member

Ted Swearingen of Smokingpipes,com had this to add :
    to read more here is a link http://www.puff.com/...r-question.html

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.