1. If you cannot verify your email address or recover your password, you need to call your ISP and tell them to stop blocking your email from this site.
    Dismiss Notice

Butera toby

Discussion in 'Pipe Tobacco' started by Puff The Magic, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puff The Magic

Puff The Magic Active Member

Butera toby has had my interests in the area of "foo-foo" smoke (foo-foo as in eccentric hi-end leaf). I find Butera toby to be among the best I've smoked to date. Stonehaven, Blackpool, Dunbar, Pembroke/Margate, Penzance, Kingfisher, Pelican, and the Royal Vintage series esp Dark Stoved. All KILLAH! :)

Says on TR that his blends were originally made by JF Germain, then some by McClelland, and some by P. Stokkebye. That guy really knows his weed! .........and I'm glad!!!

:velho:
    Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

2. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

Germain still makes the Esoterica. McC made the Royal Vintage, don't know if they still do. Pretty sure PS makes the Kingfisher and Pelican.

Butera carves a pretty mean pipe as well.

3. Sasquatch

Sasquatch Sales Account

Pelican is stokkybye as far as I know, but I thought Kingfisher was Germain... not that it matters if you can't buy the stuff anywhere. :growl:

4. Puff The Magic

The Kingfisher tin I have open is from "The British Isles"...........wonder who that could be? ;)

Well I just gotta say Thank You to all involved in making these superb blends! Awesomenessism at it's best!

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

5. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Its worse than Stonehaven. I've been interested in the stuff for a year and haven't found a tin anywhere.

6. Puff The Magic

You won't find a tin in the major suppliers. Gotta comb the entire etailers and b&m's. It's out there but in some cases, only a tin or two and as for tins.........why didn't they make tins of Stonehaven?

Oh well, gotta smoke whatchya got and get your best grin "on"!

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

7. jpberg

jpberg Moderator Moderator

So what is it you guys are looking for, Kingfisher?

8. jmiket91

jmiket91 Member

Pelican is amazing....

9. Deckard

Deckard Active Member

Have they stopped making it or is it just the most epic of supply shortages?

Yup, Kingfisher.

10. Puff The Magic

I just scored 3 tins (all they had). Now, they don't even show any Butera offerings. Has the Butera line of Kingfisher and Pelican ceased?

Hope not! Well then, if it has, toss me some E.T. and I'll be happy!

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

11. Glenn

Glenn Active Member

Jpberg, yes. Several of us love Kingfisher and can't get it. I have been looking for some for months.

12. beeftip

beeftip Member

Last time I went to my B&M, they had two tins of Peterson Irish Flake (now down to 1 because I bought 1), one tin of Kingfisher and one tin of Pelican. The Kingfisher and Pelican have been sitting there for the last year. Every time I go in there, I pick up the Kingfisher and say, "Hmmm... looks interesting. But I'm not paying $18 when I know it goes for about $12 online."

Now you're telling me it's pretty much unavailable. Well, I almost jumped in the car to go buy it. But then I thought, "Boy, if I really like this stuff, and they're not making it anymore, well wouldn't that suck!"

"Go buy it you damn fool," you say? You don't understand. A buddy of mine gave me a tin of GLP Stonehenge that he got for free. I smoked the whole thing in a week. Then I went online to buy some more. Guess what? GLP only made it as a limited run. I was utterly heartbroken.

It's kind of like when you met that girl who was staying with her grandma for the summer and fell in love. Then she goes back home which is half way across the country. You write letters back and forth and then one day a letter comes and as you read it with anticipation she tells you about her new boyfriend.

Nope. Not doing that again.

Epilogue... her new boyfriend got her pregnant and it was twins. Ha!

What were we talking about?

SouthBound likes this.
  13. user0003

user0003 Well-Known Member

Dark Stoved is the bomb......

14. Puff The Magic

Yes it is! Wonderful right outta the tin! I'm gonna check now (6 mos open, jar'd).

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

15. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

I didn't care for the Pelican or Kingfisher when I opened them - have been storing them for over a year now, so I should revisit. I adore the Royal Vintage line as well - Dark Stoved is great, and I actually loved the Sweet Cavendish as well, despite being panned by several reviewers online.

I am a big fan of black licorice - yes, I always received the dreaded black jelly beans from the rest of the family when growing up - and really want to try Ramsgate. Any experience out there with it? It is very hard to find, along with Blackpool.

16. Puff The Magic

I'm with ya totally! Unfortunately, I don't believe we'll be seeing much of King Fisher or Pelican unless the b&m's have some stashed away. The Royal Vintage line ROCKS! Real winner there! You'll love Blackpool! Licorice is not very strong in BP but you can tell it's there. I like black jelly beans (bjb). ;) too!

Ed Puff!
    Cogito ergo puff

17. ZuluSafari

ZuluSafari Member

found an e-tailer in Ohio who had some Blackpool and Ramsgate. Placed an order, will see how they are!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.